Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
9633995412_2684074b80_c.jpg

9633978392_0a76a96074_c.jpg

9633950720_bdbc3c6c87_c.jpg

9633944300_0381c06b5c_c.jpg

thoughts?

What a cutie! And the pictures are also very well done. I like them all but #1 and 2 are my favorites. The angle of the first one is really great, and I love both the look on his face and the reflection in the second.

Nice pictures, I really like the third one.

Very tricky lighting to render on color positive film or digital...you have to make some choices in lighting like that...I think you made mostly good choices. My fave is the first shot. I like the feel of the lighting, and I know the time of day, but this type of delicate yet bright highlight stuff really looks better on color negative film that has wide latitude, and can hold the bright highlights on the water and keep at least some detail in the sky. I don't want to disparage these shots or the work you did on shooting and processing these photos, but this is the kind of lighting, the time of day, where color slide film or digital has a tough time bridging the huge lighting ratios that exist at that time of the day, and when water adds REFLECTIONS of the sun and sky!

I dunno..one guy's opinion. Others may like the way this is rendered. I like the first two shots, since they have the smallest amount of bald sky.

Very tricky lighting to render on color positive film or digital...you have to make some choices in lighting like that...I think you made mostly good choices. My fave is the first shot. I like the feel of the lighting, and I know the time of day, but this type of delicate yet bright highlight stuff really looks better on color negative film that has wide latitude, and can hold the bright highlights on the water and keep at least some detail in the sky. I don't want to disparage these shots or the work you did on shooting and processing these photos, but this is the kind of lighting, the time of day, where color slide film or digital has a tough time bridging the huge lighting ratios that exist at that time of the day, and when water adds REFLECTIONS of the sun and sky!

I dunno..one guy's opinion. Others may like the way this is rendered. I like the first two shots, since they have the smallest amount of bald sky.

Derrel, I agree - the exposures had to be where they were for the subject, but that meant the sky was going to be blown out. Digital has a tough time with that. I haven't shot slide film yet, but that's a good thing to remember whenever I finally pick up a roll or three. I think the last picture suffers from that the most, but even in that one, I don't mind it. The composition and depth of field is really well done and that balances the white sky. And I personally would rather see overexposed sky than overcooked HDR that would make the picture look cartoonish.

yeah there wasn't really anything I could do about the sky, unless I tried to use flash or something. The blown out sky in the last one bugs me, but I love the expression and everything else about it so I threw it in there. Thanks for all the comments guys!

Second and third pics are my favorite, they are so funny and interesting :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back