TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deadeyestudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_1570s.jpg

I like the scene, PoV and subject matter, but I'm not fond of the treatment. Why have some of the trees been left monochrome?

No treatment it is as shot. Hot glass removed from sensor and deep red filter in its place (Life Pixel conversion) . Some slight processing to shadows

So there is treatment

Well if you consider basic processing treatment then yes. By basic I mean only exposure rotation cropping saturation ect. No photoshopping per say. I guess to be technical I should have run this Infrared image through a BW conversion to be in the BW gallery. Oooops:bek181:

Fair enough... I'd still prefer to see it either in colour or a more traditional monochrome.

Fair enough... I'd still prefer to see it either in colour or a more traditional monochrome.
OK This one is converted to BW. Pretty much the same but the fiber line in it was colored like the trees in last. Just the nature of IR. Some things reflect it much more than others.

IMG_1609.jpg

After conversion I like this too. With a touch of tone

IMG_1570bw2.jpg

It really has a lot of confusion in it. Is the subject the boat in the background, or the (what I assume to be an) anchor in the foreground? The massive amount of empty space (the water) doesn't help, nor does the angular structure in the top left. The clutter of the vehicles in the parking lot is a distraction as well. My eyes are left roaming around, searching for the point.

The crooked horizon doesn't help either.

Most reactions

Back