Eye Candy

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is my wife's best friend from Zamboanga! Her name is Faith, and she is 23, single, and stuborn like crazy!! She works as a receptionists in a doctors office by day, and goes to school in the evenings.

I took this pic in a pool at our hotel, and after looking at this series, I wonder if I should have my "models" wipe off the drops of water, as they seem to take attention away from her beauty??

Also, If my position was about 30 feet further away, I might have had a more blurry background, helping centre out the subject even further. Any thoughts?

Jan204PoolParty3.jpg

Ray Barlow: Nikon D70
2005/01/01 02:13:06
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Image Size: Large (2000 x 3008)
Lens: 70-300mm F/4-5.6 D
Focal Length: 220mm
Digital Vari-Program: Auto
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/640 sec - F/5
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 320
Optimize Image:
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-S
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Tone Comp: Auto
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Saturation: Normal
Sharpening: Auto
Image Comment:
Noise Reduction: OFF

Here is another of her>>>

image2005-01-01-02-51-39JPEG.jpg

I like the water drops. I wouldn't do it for every shot, but it works a treat on this one. And, I'm with Mentos (whom I might say has a stunning and very classy new av) about the DOF. Nice work mate.

The eyes...Alison and I have been discussing this one and it has to be her eyes that take away from the picture. It looks like she's squinting from the sun and the smile on her face is a result of that. She doesn't seem to be happy that you're taking a picture of her. The DOF is great but, IMO, she's a little too centered. She is a gorgeous subject for your picture but I think her eyes take away the most from the picture.

(hope you were looking for a critique) :D

hobbes28 said:
The eyes...Alison and I have been discussing this one and it has to be her eyes that take away from the picture. It looks like she's squinting from the sun and the smile on her face is a result of that. She doesn't seem to be happy that you're taking a picture of her. The DOF is great but, IMO, she's a little too centered. She is a gorgeous subject for your picture but I think her eyes take away the most from the picture.

(hope you were looking for a critique) :D

maybe so, her eyes seem to tell a story, maybe it was something i said to her just before I pushed the shutter!!

she is quite a character., I will post more of her later... she loves to model!

Thanks to everyone for you comments!!

Most reactions

Back