Eye of Life (C+C welcome)

FieralDS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well...Its not as clean as i would like it to be but the results just weren't coming out today.

I chose the best one i had and went to work with it. I did upped some of the saturation in the eye itself, but the subject has stunning eyes as it is. I applied grey-scale to the rest of the photo to really make the color stand out. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out but i'm going to see if i cant get another shot with the texture of the Iris more in focus on an upcoming day.

DSC_7902_c_BW2_cc.jpg

If ya'll have any suggestions about what else i can do, go ahead and let me know!

Thanks for looking!

P. S. - IDK why the image is in its larger form. I resized it to 800 pixels on its long side but it seems to have a mind of its own

I find the eyebrow up top a bit distracting. I like the position and direction of the eye, you mostly see these types of images where the model is looking straight at the camera.

The eye is too centered in the image. If you want it centered, then the overall symetry has to be smack on.

- keeping the same direction of the eye, try cropping (in camera) so that the eyebrow is not in the shot and the eye is more to the right of the frame.

- go for a perfectly centered and symetrical placement with the model looking right at the camera.

I'm not a fan of the selective colouring. If the eyes are truly stunning naturally, you should not need to do much else to the image. Try keeping it in black and white, play with various sharpening areas on the iris, doing multiple passes and such (one high strenght, low radius, another with the opposite) to have the iris stand out that way so that the image becomes about the shapes and dimensions of the iris.

Just some thoughts :)

I find the eyebrow up top a bit distracting. I like the position and direction of the eye, you mostly see these types of images where the model is looking straight at the camera.

The eye is too centered in the image. If you want it centered, then the overall symetry has to be smack on.

- keeping the same direction of the eye, try cropping (in camera) so that the eyebrow is not in the shot and the eye is more to the right of the frame.

- go for a perfectly centered and symetrical placement with the model looking right at the camera.

I'm not a fan of the selective colouring. If the eyes are truly stunning naturally, you should not need to do much else to the image. Try keeping it in black and white, play with various sharpening areas on the iris, doing multiple passes and such (one high strenght, low radius, another with the opposite) to have the iris stand out that way so that the image becomes about the shapes and dimensions of the iris.

Just some thoughts :)
Just writing that he's not wrong. I agree and it would have been to dumb to just rephrase it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back