eye Self portrait C&C welcome

I agree that it would be better with red instead of sparkle

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Were you looking at the lens?

Nice image, agree on the sparkle. I would clone the red polish of the finger next to it to balance the composition and keep the viewer in the frame. The sparkle makes you leave the frame quickly.

Sent from my XT1254 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Self portraits are always difficult especially when you have to use your hands to pose and use a timer. Taken with my trusty 15-85mm at 85mm :)

self portrait by Allen Cheshire, on Flickr
The EXIF data was stripped, but I'm guessing from the lens that this is from a canon?

I'd like to fancy that it was, as this would mean that my eye was correct- I'm a nikon guy but I love the warm, nuanced color reproduction of the canons.

The glitter on the one finger nail is distracting.

Sent from my HTC331ZLVW using Tapatalk

Self portraits are always difficult especially when you have to use your hands to pose and use a timer. Taken with my trusty 15-85mm at 85mm :)

self portrait by Allen Cheshire, on Flickr
The EXIF data was stripped, but I'm guessing from the lens that this is from a canon?

I'd like to fancy that it was, as this would mean that my eye was correct- I'm a nikon guy but I love the warm, nuanced color reproduction of the canons.

When I post images online I use save for web exif doesn't show I use JPEG for print, ya this is Canon EOS 60D

31207122990_ce5c11fb6e_hb.jpg
The fingers close to the eye bother me. I always tell my children 'never put your bare fingers on your face and especially near your eyes.'
It's so un-hygienic. Kind of gives me the creeps personally. I do like the rest of it though. I'd do some clump removal on the eyelashes and minimize the jagged edge on the fingernail you re-did.
31207122990_ce5c11fb6e_hc.jpg

Here I closed up some pores for a softer look.

And some extra touches...
31207122990_ce5c11fb6e_hd.jpg

Last edited:
The fingers close to the eye bother me. I always tell my children 'never put your bare fingers on your face and especially near your eyes.'
It's so un-hygienic. Kind of gives me the creeps personally. I do like the rest of it though.

To each their own, I understand telling children that as they would have dirty hands but as adults you would hope they have good hygiene lol

View attachment 131438 The fingers close to the eye bother me. I always tell my children 'never put your bare fingers on your face and especially near your eyes.'
It's so un-hygienic. Kind of gives me the creeps personally. I do like the rest of it though. I'd do some clump removal on the eyelashes and minimize the jagged edge on the fingernail you re-did.View attachment 131443

View attachment 131446

I like the second edit you did, did u just soften the skin ? what did u use ?

Super nice image, I really like it, especially with the clone.

I used a clone tool to remove the clumps of makeup on the skin and lashes and to recreate a cleaner line on the fingernail and then used inexpensive software called perfectly clear you can get for $149.00 and used the noise remover for portraits. I used Corel Paintshop Pro for the editing. But it could be done as easily in Capture One, PS, or Affinity Photo. The last edit added a blur layer as an overlay set to low opacity for a warmer more firelight look. It's a good way to deepen blacks and lighten highlights as well for a more dramatic and deep feel to the image if used to a lesser degree than I did on this one.
Perfectly Clear
View attachment 131438 The fingers close to the eye bother me. I always tell my children 'never put your bare fingers on your face and especially near your eyes.'
It's so un-hygienic. Kind of gives me the creeps personally. I do like the rest of it though. I'd do some clump removal on the eyelashes and minimize the jagged edge on the fingernail you re-did.View attachment 131443

View attachment 131446

I like the second edit you did, did u just soften the skin ? what did u use ?

Most reactions

Back