Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a bigger version:

4120808748_694a53da99.jpg

all sizes here

I linked to this in Fight Club a week or two ago, but for those of you that don't play or watch it - here you go.

It's not the greatest at 100%...but I can deal with it. I think a lot of it is from the high contrast between the needles and the black background.

Last edited:
I'd crop out all the useless dead space up top.

Yeah, I said the useless part, some of it is usefull.

I think I would crop some of the empty space--maybe about 60% of it.

See, you're not a dick and you get feedback. Funny how that works ;)

Hey, I commented on this........just not here. :sexywink:

I actually added all the dead space. The original composition is probably not far from how you're saying to crop it. I added canvas to make it square.

This is the original shot:

Eyes by J E, on Flickr

I kinda prefer it square, but I like them both.

My feeling is that the first image is good; i think the dominating dark space is crucial to this sort of image( i don't feel it as negative); that in a way saved the image from a division mid-way as in the second post

I like the negative space that you added to your original image, making the needles occupy the bottom 1/3 rather than the bottom 1/2. My eye has to actually 'move' downward to the needles, lending a sense of movement to the image.

The alternative crop would be to decrease the negative space of your original image even more, so that the needles occupy the lower 2/3 of the image. But, I don't think I'd like that version as much as what you had created for the square crop.

Most reactions

Back