Eyes so beautiful

3of11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think of these pictures? I would love any critique. I am aware of the distractions in the background which will be removed (pink blanket, white paper, etc.). Also, they are at a very low resolution resulting in the slight grainy look. Which one or two do you think are best? Thanks so much. (Aren't his eyes amazing?)

IMG_4282-1.jpg

IMG_4288-1.jpg

IMG_4284-1.jpg

IMG_4289-1.jpg

Wow.. Very nice!

If it is about the eyes... they are rather blurry in #1 and #2.

and I agree with FH, that skin colour seems a tad off.

I agree about the coloring and softness around the eyes. I saw this this morning at 1am, but I wanted to look again on another monitor with clear eyes before commenting :)

Cute baby, and great baby blues.

I tried playing with the colors a little since you said editing is ok to brighten the eyes a little more, soften the noise and fix the yellowish color. I hope you like it. :)

blue.jpg

Last edited:
I use photobucket to upload my photos and have just compared Flickr. Flickr is extremely better. The pictures are sharper and the colors are different. Am I doing something wrong in Photobucket? One thing I can't figure out with Flickr is how to get the images onto the forum.

Here is an example of the difference, but the color is still different than what I process in photoshop.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2880392290_a69141c11d.jpg

What do you think about the color on this one? I always have a tendency to go too warm. This is still from the photobucket account so it doesn't look sharp.

IMG_42822.jpg

It is hard to tell scrolling up and down, but it looks a little better, but it is pretty much the same. I agree photobucket sucks, but I also uploaded my edited copy using it, so I don't think that is causing the problem. I just did a straight upload...

I also started out with REALLY warm pictures, so I got beat to death about that too and it still creeps in sometimes :)

Lyncca - Thanks for taking time to critique my pictures. I also appreciate that you took time to edit and show me some changes to do.

Nice, but keep an eye open for your background. While they are OoF they are still quite distracting....

I know :er:. I was actually just playing around, trying out something new, and so I didn't even care what the background was. I should realize that even in playing around I should notice the background because you never know when or how much you are going to like a picture. I have gone through and removed background distractions, I just haven't uploaded the pictures here.

Here is an example of the difference, but the color is still different than what I process in photoshop.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2880392290_a69141c11d.jpg

Have your monitor calibrated it must be out of whack. Lynnca's edit looks pretty much correct on mine, I reckon color is leaning about 26 degrees too yellow, its making the little tot look grubby, working color whether darkroom or monitor is critical to togs and it takes a lot of practice before you learn to spot castes, but the first step is a properly calibrated monitor. H

PS. the host site has nothing to do with the colors, its from your computer.

Most reactions

Back