Eyestein Introduction

eyestein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all, thought id introduce myself as this is my first photography forum. I hope this is a good one.. im mainly interested in this forum to better myself as a photographer, also looking for insight on whatever i want/should tackle. First off, im 20 years old, been shooting for about 5-6 years. My first camera was a canon rebel t2i and now im a happy owner of a 5dii. Id like to post some of my recent work on here to get some feed back! Also wanting to start college with a photography major, anyone here thats went to school for photography, give me your input! any way heres some photos. Im mostly into the urban style shooting but am now trying to broaden my skills with portraits and other techniques. Please please please leave any feedback that can help!

tumblr_n8omoeoBf71rcr8f0o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8omoeoBf71rcr8f0o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8omoeoBf71rcr8f0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n8np4brSyS1rcr8f0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n7ymh8SLqH1rcr8f0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6k3sdnkWC1rcr8f0o1_1280.jpg

feel free to follow on instagram! @eyestein

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Welcome aboard eyestein.

What are you looking for, in terms of a career having to do with photography? I ask because getting an education specifically in Photography, should be something that you consider long and hard. No matter how much education you have, and how long you've studied photography.....you can still loose a job to anyone who has a good portfolio and the ability to sell themselves.

Of course, getting a photographic education will certainly help you to become a better photographer and also help you make all sorts of connections etc. But that doesn't mean that it's any easier making a living do it.

For example, many professional photographers are owners of their own small business. And most of them who fail, do so because they are lacking on the business side, not of photographic skill or talent.

So if you envision yourself being a professional photographer, look into what type of career you want to have, and consider what education would best suit that.

Many people would likely be better off with a business education, so that they will have the tools to make photography (or whatever else) into a career.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Learn from this group and others if you can. I just started my photography certificate course last Thursday night and I am quite surprised that none of them ever heard of photo forums of any kind. They are missing out a lot. I learned more from forums than I probably would in a certificate course. I have a BSBA degree too but I am not too keen on making photography as a business -- as yet. My husband just retired me so I can do anything I want as long as I do not forget that I am a wife and a mother first and foremost.

Welcome aboard eyestein.

What are you look for, in terms of a career having to do with photography? I ask because getting an education specifically in Photography, should be something that you consider long and hard. No matter how much education you have, and how long you've studied photography.....you can still loose a job to anyone who has a good portfolio and the ability to sell themselves.

Of course, getting a photographic education will certainly help you to become a better photographer and also help you make all sorts of connections etc. But that doesn't mean that it's any easier making a living do it.

For example, many professional photographers are owners of their own small business. And most of them who fail, do so because they are lacking on the business side, not of photographic skill or talent.

So if you envision yourself being a professional photographer, look into what type of career you want to have, and consider what education would best suit that.

Many people would likely be better off with a business education, so that they will have the tools to make photography (or whatever else) into a career.

thank you so much, this is something i was looking for! As far as what is like to do with photography, id really enjoy private portraits, weddings. But i am also interested in a marketing photography if thats the term? Maybe taking photos of products big and small. That is a very good point of going to school for business instead. After looking more into photog classes since last night.. I womder how 4 years of school for photography will actually help my chances of making a living versus not going to school, and keep shooting on my own and getting my work out there. Thank you for your input sir, very appreciated!

Welcome aboard. Learn from this group and others if you can. I just started my photography certificate course last Thursday night and I am quite surprised that none of them ever heard of photo forums of any kind. They are missing out a lot. I learned more from forums than I probably would in a certificate course. I have a BSBA degree too but I am not too keen on making photography as a business -- as yet. My husband just retired me so I can do anything I want as long as I do not forget that I am a wife and a mother first and foremost.

Thank you! As with alot of things, i have learned the same. I always find my self surprised with how much i can teach myself versus schooling. I am afraid of attending classes and not learning as much as expected since i know my way around photography quite a bit already. Although i am also very interested in journalism. Ive always enjoyed writing and i feel as though writing and photos may go hand in hand with me. But being 20 i am still a bit nervous to choose my future. Especially when it involves school loans

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site! There's lots to learn here, that's for sure. My first bit of advice? Be mindful of exposure. Many of your images seem underexposed.

Jake

Thank you i under expose on purpose, i guess you could say the dark is my light. Im not too much of a fan of bright happy photos, but more grim/lonely photos. I think darkness throws out more of a mood than bright photos do! Just an opinion!

If you accept that photography, as you want to pursue it, is an art then you need two types of training. How to use the equipment to get the picture you see in your mind is one aspect and that training can be gotten from books, forums and practice AND/OR from a school.
The main part is the art and that usually requires some formal training along with the books, forums, practice and hopefully some mentoring.
As already stated but let me shout it: YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE JUDGED BY YOUR PORTFOLIO!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back