F-14 on the Midway

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just shot this today, I thought it came out pretty amazing. What do you guys think?

$8719420802_f6438e9928_k.jpg

Nikon D200
Nikkor 18-70mm
ISO:100
Shutter Speed: 160th
Aperture: f8
Focal Length: 18mm

I like it. Tomcats are amazing airplanes, and that vantage point is one of my favorites for aircraft of any kind. I just wish the buildings in the background weren't leaning in.

The blurriness on the left is hurting the image somewhat. Is this an HDR? I think it could use a bit of contrast or some black point adjustment to define the shadows a bit..
The composition is pretty nice.

Tomcats are cool. My son worked on them until they were decommissioned a few years ago, now it's f-18s. I think the color tone is a bit too blue in the shadows for my liking.

I like it. Tomcats are amazing airplanes, and that vantage point is one of my favorites for aircraft of any kind. I just wish the buildings in the background weren't leaning in.

Not much I can do about the buildings looking like they are leaning, part of using the 18mm end of the 18-70mm. But yes I think the vantage point is awesome.

Tomcats are cool. My son worked on them until they were decommissioned a few years ago, now it's f-18s. I think the color tone is a bit too blue in the shadows for my liking.

Not sure about the shadows, can't really tell, at this point about the shadows, I would think that's nit picking, but that's just me.

The blurriness on the left is hurting the image somewhat. Is this an HDR? I think it could use a bit of contrast or some black point adjustment to define the shadows a bit..
The composition is pretty nice.

Can't tell what you mean by blurriness. By the way, this is not HDR at all. Maybe I could have changed those settings to define some shadows, but I really like how this picture came out.

Thanks for the comments so far.

If you have Lightroom, try enabling lens profile correction.

If you have Lightroom, try enabling lens profile correction.

If I remember correctly, I did. But I'll double check it when I get home. But I'm pretty sure that the lens correction can't fix everything.

Not a huge fan of the Tom Cats, I think swing wing planes (also the Mig 23) tried to be kind of a jack of all trade but really are kind of master of none.
For an air carrier they were good because of their wings but compared to the F16 and F15 they were second in air superiority.
The F18 is just so much better, a true legendary plane.

As for the picture I like it.
First its nice to see something different then the usual Rock, Flower, Skies, House, People....etc picture we all post on the forum.
In general I like this picture, really make the whole front of the plane stand out and look scary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back