F-stop on lens?

an Fstop is the size of the aperture given in dimensionless units.

It is the focal length of the lens divided by the aperture diameter. The lower the number, the larger the aperture, so that means more light gets in with a lower aperture number.

If it says F1.7, it means that is the minimum Fstop (largest aperture) of the lens.

Here's a link to a wikipedia article

F-number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

though any number of resources, online and in print should provide you with enough information.

Hope that helps

hehe, nice choice of link steez, i guess you beat me to it by a hair

i also have another question, which I don't feel I should make a new thread for.

Do any of you have any techniques, helpful hints or tips of how I can clean the viewfinder of my Konica. Like the inside.

♥ to all

DO NOT touch the mirror,the coating is delicate. The botton of the focus screen can be carefully dusted ,the best thing is a camel hair atist brush. You can usually di nothing for the inside of the viewfinder unless it's a unit with removable focus screen (your's I'm pretty sure is not.)

I was wondering what happened to the Steez. He seemed to show up on some threads I was involved in -- said some things I agreed with -- then suddenly vanished and took his posts with him.

It was like the Steez had spoken... but had he really?

No, the steez is not Eldrich. He posted the same link as I did, but now its not there.

I am Eldrich, I don't know what happened to the steez

Most reactions

Back