PhotoWrangler

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.themodernmutt.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a gripped F100.

Aside from the fact that the F5 has an integrated grip, and records exposure data for each roll/shot.... is there any reason to upgrade?

I hear the F5 is a beast.

Having never handled an F100 I can only offer my feelings about the F5.

It's heavy,kinda bulky camera. Having said that it's a wonderful precision camera that once you acclimate to the controls you can forget about the camera and shoot. It gets noticeable after some time shooting with a big lens. The reputation for eating batteries doesn't seem deserved,or maybe I don't shoot enough. Mine is equipped with the MF-28 back and I'm still learning how to use that. I have a D3100,D90 and 1972 F not to mention some cameras from that copier company and they usually sit while the F5 goes everywhere.

I may have missed a few items but anyway. So if you want a tough,heavy camera with presence upgrade. I imagine the images would be indistinguishable between the two.

I have both and prefer the f100. The focus point selection on the f5 is really hard to see--they fixed this problem in the f100.

IMO, there is no reason to get an F5 if you're happy with your F100. (I have an F100 myself) The only things you're missing.. well, here's a list on this link:

A.J's Blog: Nikon F100 vs F5

Most reactions

Back