Face Forward - Christina

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A while back I mentioned doing photographs for a makeup artist and we did some more. This time she provided the subjects, props and we did before and afters. Some will be for her use on her website and some will be for the subjects personal use as they are welcome to buy any of the shots they like.
I'll start with Christina. A very pretty girl!

her before makeover for the site:
no21rad.jpg

no26smallerrad.jpg

no24rad.jpg

no11as5by7rad.jpg

no5part2rad.jpg

I DID resize these in photobucket so I am not sure why they are humongous on here. I hate photobucket but whatever. LOL I forgot one though
no7.jpg

I think these are good, I would just be careful with your white balance and exposure. If you look at her hair, it goes from being really red in the first one to almost blonde in the 4th. Unless you did this on purpose, then leave it.

I wish we could just always be the same color temp, the world would be a much happier place. :wink:

Good job though!

The only one I tweaked on purpose awas the one with the white fluffy stuff - I warmed it up a bit. And its funnt because all of these were shot with natural window light and it stayed on the sa,e white balance the whole itme but every time ai changed the background her hair looked different. I remember commenting to my husband when i looked at these - this girl is like a chameleon or something!
I will possible go back and try to match up hair tones from one pick to the next. Thanks for taking the time to comment and suggestions - always appreciated!

The only one I tweaked on purpose awas the one with the white fluffy stuff - I warmed it up a bit. And its funnt because all of these were shot with natural window light and it stayed on the sa,e white balance the whole itme but every time ai changed the background her hair looked different. I remember commenting to my husband when i looked at these - this girl is like a chameleon or something!
I will possible go back and try to match up hair tones from one pick to the next. Thanks for taking the time to comment and suggestions - always appreciated!

Oh boy - I am an excellent typist! jeez. I meant to say yes - your comment about staying the same color temp - for sure, yes. Happier place indeed!

Kathi, your pictures are always so great. I have to admit I'm a little jealous. Gotta love makeup artists! She's a keeper. As always, beautiful shots (and makeup too)!

Thanks so much MaCollum! I appreciate that a lot. It's taken me a while to get to this point and I recignize that I still have lots to learn! And yes, the makeup artist is very good though she is just starting out too so we're helping eachother out. It works out great. :)

No need to be jealous. Though its embarassing I will direct you to look at my first posts here. They're terrible. I didn't know anything at all. It takes one day at a time and about a thousand books, article's, photography sites and bits of advice before it sinks in sometimes. At least thats how it is for me!

I don't like the 3rd one - it's not the photography, it's her expression and pose. It's just not flattering.

The last three, especially, are very nice. Well done on all of them!

I love women in hats. Doesnt matter what type, it just does it for me. Hence I like that photo. Maybe with less of a smile and more of a smirk. But thats just me. Nice series.

I would have to say that #3 is the best for me in terms of showing off the makeup. Good color and sharpess. I like them all though. Very nice series.

Face Forward should love these. :)

NJ

Stella - thanks for your time to comment. :) She does look a little P.O.'d in that one!

dklod - lol women in hats you like? I will have to dig up some more I have lots! I think I may even have a smirly one! ;)

NJMAN - thanks :) I'm glas you like them. I doubt myself from time to time, it helps to hear opinions from others.

Most reactions

Back