FACEBOOK Business pages?

Question for everyone that has an FB page: Have you found where set you update so that you are notified when someone comments or 'likes' photos in your galleries? All of my Personal Page notifications show in my newsfeed, but nothing alerts me when someone has commented on my photos in fanpage. I think it is important to respond when someone takes the time to comment on them, no?

There is no way to do that. Fan pages don't give notifications unfortunately, and I think this is facebooks biggest flaw. They need to have a seperate panel/dashboard for your fan pages so you can keep track of the comments and such. For now though, you just have to keep your eyes open the best you can for new comments.

There is no way to do that. Fan pages don't give notifications unfortunately, and I think this is facebooks biggest flaw. They need to have a seperate panel/dashboard for your fan pages so you can keep track of the comments and such. For now though, you just have to keep your eyes open the best you can for new comments.

I don't know about that, but that's certainly one of the top 5...LOL!

Question for everyone that has an FB page: Have you found where set you update so that you are notified when someone comments or 'likes' photos in your galleries? All of my Personal Page notifications show in my newsfeed, but nothing alerts me when someone has commented on my photos in fanpage. I think it is important to respond when someone takes the time to comment on them, no?

That is so disappointing!! Agree, a major flaw!

I recently launched The Star Path Images Photography & Video page on Facebook and it's a good place to post local offers for my friends.

I think there is a way to do it. A month or so ago I "logged in" to my fan page and it gave me notifications. But I had to log out to log into my regular page and not sure how to log back in. Maybe it was a beta thing.

I sorta wish I created a regular facebook page for my fan page, its a lot easier to add someone as a friend than wait for them to become a fan. :)

I think there is a way to do it. A month or so ago I "logged in" to my fan page and it gave me notifications. But I had to log out to log into my regular page and not sure how to log back in. Maybe it was a beta thing.

I sorta wish I created a regular facebook page for my fan page, its a lot easier to add someone as a friend than wait for them to become a fan. :)

Yeah, I was told about that too. My friend saw it. He said it had to be a beta thing too.

And yeah, I think creating an actual facebook page rather than a fan page is the way to go. Not only is it easier to add people, but you can send messages, upload photos from your phone, update status via text message, etc. It's too late for me as I already created the fan page, and have built up almost 250 fans. So switching now isn't the best idea.

FYI, if anyone else was concerned about it, about a month ago, FB offered a page 'upgrade' and along with a few other features, it enables to you finally get newsfeed (IE updates) just like your personal page. You can also use Facebook as yourself, or your page. Having the notifications is awesome, because to me, if someone takes a moment of their time to comment on my work, I want to comment back because I really do appreciate it.
The upgrade is great, I'd recommend doing it if you haven't already!

FYI, if anyone else was concerned about it, about a month ago, FB offered a page 'upgrade' and along with a few other features, it enables to you finally get newsfeed (IE updates) just like your personal page. You can also use Facebook as yourself, or your page. Having the notifications is awesome, because to me, if someone takes a moment of their time to comment on my work, I want to comment back because I really do appreciate it.
The upgrade is great, I'd recommend doing it if you haven't already!

+1 I upgraded my page and I'm loving it. There are still a few small kinks that need to be worked out, but it's 100 times better!

FACEBOOK

WEBSITE

I find FB laborious. Don't know why, just find it hard to devote any huge degree of attention to it...almost feels like a chore. I will says this for it though...its higher up on web search pages than my website.

Most reactions

Back