FACEBOOK Business pages?

FACEBOOK

WEBSITE

I find FB laborious. Don't know why, just find it hard to devote any huge degree of attention to it...almost feels like a chore. I will says this for it though...its higher up on web search pages than my website.

Great images - you have a new fan! ;o)

FACEBOOK

WEBSITE

I find FB laborious. Don't know why, just find it hard to devote any huge degree of attention to it...almost feels like a chore. I will says this for it though...its higher up on web search pages than my website.

Then you need to read my SEO for the Photographer link in my sig. ;)

Just curious, what are you typing in to your search engine to see your Facebook page out-ranking your website? If you're using Google, make sure you're not seeing your 'View customizations" on the bottom of the page. Click that and then click 'without these improvements'. ;)

FACEBOOK

WEBSITE

Then you need to read my SEO for the Photographer link in my sig. ;)

Just curious, what are you typing in to your search engine to see your Facebook page out-ranking your website? If you're using Google, make sure you're not seeing your 'View customizations" on the bottom of the page. Click that and then click 'without these improvements'. ;)

OK I just googled "crann mor images". My website now comes up ahead of FB. I have been making some changes to the website lately so maybe they paid off. Thanks for the useful SEO link too BTW.

FACEBOOK

WEBSITE

Great images - you have a new fan! ;o)

Thanks Kristal ! I added your page to my list of likes ;)

I feel like I am soooo behind the times. I don't have a Facebook page at all let alone anything to help me start a business.
Has anyone found that it has lead to getting contacts?

Over the past 8 months, 93% of my new clients have come directly through Facebook. Including 3 destination weddings.

Not a business page, just started this page for interest and to get the hang of what facebook is all about. Only have 2 likes so far, so grateful for any and will of course reciprocate :thumbup:

My facebook

I didn't start a business page until recently, and I've been really bad about keeping it up. (I'd been showing and tagging from my personal FB page). But I'm trying to do better!!!!
Visions In White | Facebook

I'm not a pro photographer but I am a pro artist in the 3D arena so here is my take.

Face book is great and works well but, in my opinion is doesn't look as professional as a good web site. Web sites are cheap and easy to make with tools like wordpress.org. What you do then is use FB, Twitter and LinkedIn as paths to your web page. Using an app like Tweet Deck I can post to all three at the same time to advertise features, new images and updates or a special that you want to run.

A web site is uncluttered, doesn't have piles of ads to distract the viewer, can use a colour scheme that compliments your work and is fully under your control. One shoot would pay for 10 years+ for a web site so it isn't an expense that one needs to worry about. Wordpress is free and a web host (Please don't use a free one) is $6 to $8 a month.

The idea is to have one professional portal for your work and then use all the social networking resources to point people to it.

Now I need to get my site rebuilt as it is really really old and in desperate need of an over haul.

Most reactions

Back