FACEBOOK Business pages?

I totally agree with you Pen. FB is just web pimping. You need a primary site first. A really cool site for websites I've found is Photobiz. You just put in all your photos and info, and you can change it to anyone of hundreds of templates weekly if you feel like it. (Don't worry, I don't work for this company, but I LOVE them, and they are super reasonably priced. I used to be with Blu Domain, but it was a constant nightmare with them. They were good, but I think they got huge and just didn't have enough people and equipment to keep up with the workflow. I was with them from the getgo, but finally I needed to go another direction. Long story short, check out Photobiz).

Facebook is also great though, because when I blog something, normally only other photogs and new prospective clients check it regularly. On FB, most of my clients are also my friends, so when I tag them, all THEIR friends get to see too, and from that I've been able to stop all advertising, and do most of my work via referrals and facebook folks. It's been a huge boost in the business.

Mine is in my sig. :)

Here's mine :
Barnhart Photography

My fanpage seems to get more hits then my business page. Honestly I don't mind though I love being able to tag clients and have that pop up on their main page for their friends to view and pop over to my page. After every wedding I gain around 15 more likes. Sorry about the ramble but it seems like fan pages are a great marketing tool if used properly
icon_smile.gif
The only thing I dislike is how FB handles the photos (blurry and sometimes has a ton of noise)

I personally think facebook page is more important than a website page, I think you could get more business from facebook than you would get from a website depending on what kind of things you shoot. I know someone locally who ran a free shoot for best amateur shot of a kid and facebook closed it down because it was getting too much traffic. I think for seniors and kids you couldn't beat facebook for advertising.

I don't mean to say that a face book page will get you more or less business then anything else. From a business stand point I would always want a professional web site that helps legitimize your business. Most if my business following, not in photography, follow me on twitter or Facebook and that is where they get there updates as to what PEN Productions is up to.

I look at it like the web site is the physical building and twitter, Facebook and linkedIn are the bill boards.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Most reactions

Back