TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a college project.
The subject I choose was "faces".
I've tried to take the pictures of different ages/ethnic/background groups in different settings.
So there's a few in the street, couple in standard tungsten lite rooms and a couple with studio lighting.
There's only 9 on there at the moment.
Going to hopefully get a few more tomorrow :D

I'm not going to post them directly here, but they are all placed within the screen for you to view on this page.
College Project Faces (if it takes you to a 123-reg.co.uk page, sorry. I only just brought the domain name and it's not registered across all the DNS servers, but give it a try again a couple hours later)

I think I've got a nice range within that 9.
Hoping to get a few more characters ona walk around town tomorrow :)

I know which one evryone will like the best haha :D

Which one you think it'll be?
The fifth from the left???

I like the look of the street ones the best. I've found that when doing a series, consistency pays off. I'd personally do all the images like those, rather than having the blank background, or do them all in front of a wall. Take a look at Jazz's portrait series for a really successful project. Everything is the same except the subjects. In most of your street shots, the backgrounds change a little, but they have the same general look to them (except maybe the fountain).

I think it's a good study.
I like #1 for the cleanliness...but I think my fav is #6. The girls dark complexion against the bg is nice.

Thanks guys.
I'm not sure which pic is which Corina haha, I'm not at home and I get a redirected page here... :(

Thanks for the comments Mark. My original plan was too shoot them all in the street, but with certain situations it was just when I had the oppourtunity to get the photos I had to take them.
So whn people came around the apartment, I'd take photos then.
If I could find people on the street, I'd take their photos then.
Or if I went to visit people, I'd have to get their photos then.

Some of the people I've never met before.
Others are friends and a couple will be family.

I plan on cropping these images right down to just the faces.
So you can't see the background. Like 3rds(eyes, nose, mouth)... I'm not sure.
I'll see what I think once I have enough images for the whole project.

Thanks Woody :)
She was handing out church leaflets and I had to ask her Mom if I could take her picture. :D
Her mom wouldn't let me do hers tho :(

but I think my fav is #6. The girls dark complexion against the bg is nice.

I agree, #6 is my fav too. And the girl deserves some credit for that, because she has the strongest expression IMO.

pascal

Thanks pascal. She was a lovely girl aswell. Her mom asked me to email her the photos I took of her. I think they didn't get the idea that it was a simple headshot, but it turned out well and as stated... she had a strong expression which worked well in the picture.
I think they'll be happy with it.

I wish I had this project earlier, so that I could have had more planning time. I only got it end of last week and it's got to be in Monday. :(
They expect miricales in such short times.

Most reactions

Back