Factory refurbished D800 experiences?

Helen B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have any of you bought a refurbished D800 or D800E? The prices are attractive - $2350 and $2650 respectively. I bought a refurbished D800E in December and have found it to be flawless so far (they come with a 1 year guarantee). Has anyone else bought one? What has your experience been?

Did Nikon change their factory refurbished warranty?

In the past they only offered 90 days of warranty on their factory refurbished gear, but some Nikon authorized sellers added 275 days of their own warranty to fill out a year.

I don't have experience with Nikon but in general refurbished merchandise is repaired, and tested, to make sure that it performs to standard. There may be minor blemishes but functionally it should be as good as new (or better as new equipment isn't individually tested for defects).

Any remaining issue with the individual piece should show up within the year's warranty period.

Nikon refurbished equipment is probably good if not better than buying it new.
You know that Nikon has gone over that particular camera. And found it ready to sell.
You know that they not only fixed what may have been wrong with it ---
It is like they custom checked it out just for you.
I have no qualms buy refurbished have several refurb. lenses.

The refurb stuff I bought in the past, mostly audio, has been better than new. They seem to tweak everything really close on refurb gear.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back