Fairyland! Yup, Disney ripped this place off :D (C&C Please)

inaka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, here are a few of a series from a spot near my place called Fairyland.
No, not the The Castro, it's a children's park off Lake Merritt in Oakland, CA.

Anyway here are a few for C&C of the front:

Main Entrance by InakaMike, on Flickr

Dragon View by InakaMike, on Flickr

Main Archway by InakaMike, on Flickr

Main Gate by InakaMike, on Flickr

From the Shoe by InakaMike, on Flickr

Front Gate by InakaMike, on Flickr

It's a great place for kids, families....or adults who drop E.
I went for a bit of "hypercoloring" since, afterall, it's Fairyland! :mrgreen:

C&C Is welcome. Cheers.

Wow these really do look like some fairy land, great work on the HDR! it suites the settings perfectly. #4 looks very surreal.

I like the 1st one most... it has great composition and the hdr is perfect...

Other photographers take note... this is how hdr can be used to bring out tones that exist in the setting (as opposed to intruding upon an otherwise good image...

I find most of the others a bit busy... the singular elements seem striking enough to stand on their own without trying to "get it all in"...

An tempting alternate might have been to shoot through the door (in the shoe) and use that to frame out the entance gate...

Nice work...

P

Thanks for your comments, and Propsguy nice call on the shot suggestion.
I actually did shoot one through the shoe, but more "outside" than really "inside" the opening (door in shoe) so it might be worth a revisit. Good call.

I so want to visit this place!

I'm also a fan of the first shot. You've really nailed the composition and the colours are so vibrant- very apt for the place it is!
I like #4 too but think it's too 'busy' as propsguy mentioned. Perhaps instead of 'hypercolouring' the whole image you could focus on a central target and fade the rest out a bit? I would love to see the shoe in the garden w/ sunbeam and gorgeous sky all on it's own.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back