Fall Adventures in New England

austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Soo.. I just made the jump from my trusty ole D300 to the glorious D700. Its amazing. I love it. But its certainly a whole new world.

Speaking of whole new worlds, nature photography has never been my strong suit. But being fall in New Hampshire I had to cruise around and find some changing leaves. I think I did miss peak by about a week or so; the troubles of only moonlighting as a photographer.

So I am looking for some feedback and CC. I am learning being my first real time out for nature shots (got up before sunrise on friday). I think I was exposing the waterfall incorrectly (huge blooming on the falls) and also I seem to try and include the whole scene in my composition. Also part of the problem was that I using an ultra wide tokina 11-16 that is really more for DX lenses.. Composition-ally I am not satisfied so help me out!

Thanks.

1. Not sharp I know, think I bumped the tripod..
8088124300_164d1a89b3_b.jpg

8088123619_02484c9535_b.jpg

3. This is only one I am satisifed with composition-ally but I had to recover a lot of tones in PS and drop the exposure on the falls.
8088122751_6b93c55dc2_b.jpg

4. This is my favorite, ironic as I went to shoot the falls..
8084684722_997d2626f1_b.jpg

Lovely!
I am newbie, but I would say some shadows are taking away from your photos. I JUST learned that my Windows 7 (Windows Photo Gallery ) has sharpening, shadow reduction, contrast, and more!
i think if you look into your basic program you can lighten some areas giving it another effect.
I have no PP but found great basic tools.
Nancy

Thanks for the feedback, I will take a look at the shadows- I use Lightroom 3 (highly recommended) so thats a quick adjustment

Do you see the dogs head in the centre of the 2nd one?

Most reactions

Back