Fall color Meet up?

Hmm… Wish I could afford a Maine fall color trip! The wife and I took a 6 day photo workshop cruise on the J&E Riggin schooner in Penobscot Bay two years ago; we fell in love with the area.

i'm interested in doing a fall folliage shoot. i live in CT and can make it to boston, most of VT and some parts of NH all within a 2 hour drive.

CT is also a very nice place to shoot fall folliage... but up in new england, it's tough to find a bad place to shoot fall folliage.

no new word about when or where this might be happening?

In July you say a "Fall Colour Meet-Up" is still a long way ahead of you? And I plan my ALL INTERNATIONAL, ONE-WEEK NORTH GERMANY TPF Meet-up" over 1 year and 8 months ahead :shock: :scratch: !?!?!??! :wink: :lol:

I dont know if I will be making a meet up... but if you are going to Boston you should just rent a small car and go to the Berkshires, Catskills, Adirondacks, White or Green Mountains...

The color change in the Northeast is unlike anywhere else in the world... just look for me along the RR tracks when you come out... fall railroad shots are incredible.... =)

Well, I know the meetup Joe, Sky, and I are planning to Boston might miss the fall colors, unfortunately. But when you JUST had a 12 day vacation (not paid) you can't really afford these things again right away! :lol:

core_17 said:
Well, I know the meetup Joe, Sky, and I are planning to Boston might miss the fall colors

Miss the fall colors, Core?? EeeK!! Might I refer you to volume 26, page 82, paragraph 8 of the International Photographers Guide and Official Rulebook:

“You’se gotta go to the woods and make some pretty pictures in da fall, okay? Make you momma proud, capiche? Bada bing.”

It’s in the book… Would I lie?

The wifey and I are headed to Minnesota’s North Shore in 11 days and spending the better part of a week there. Hope my girlfriend doesn’t find out… Bada Bing!

I am trying to make it to Boston around the weekend of Oct. 13th. I read that is the best time to view the changing of the leaves. If I cannot make it that weekend, I would have to wait until 2 weeks after that, because my husband has every other friday off and he would have the 13th off. Sooooo, if I cannot make it the 13th, someone who knows the area(because I have never been up north in my life) please tell me I would not be too late if I had to wait two weeks?

I'm in NH and the leaves are already starting to change here. By the 13th there might be some left, but two weeks after that you're pushing November and we're more likely to be celebrating the first snow here :lol: If you come up on the 13th let me know though it would be awesome to meet you! Are you bringing the kids too?

At the current moment the absolute EARLIEST I can do Boston is the weekend of the 21st and 22nd. I CAN'T do the weekend after that....So Joe and I are looking at that weekend of the 21st, but it's not set in stone. So for us, it's either that, sometime early November...so we're already planning on probably missing the leaves. The leaves would be nice, but that's not our prime objective of the trip anyway. Our prime objective is to get together with Sky and explore yet another city. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back