Fall colors and local train track

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've posted some picture before (earlier this year during the winter) and thought I'd return to the same location and take some fall pictures. So here's one that I have processed. The only thing I wish I had was more color in the sky, it's just too washed ou.

20131103 West Springfield Tracks Fall 07_8-2 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

Nice use of HDR (I'm assuming it's HDR). I agree that the sky could definitely use something interesting. It's not bad, but it doesn't do too much for me. I almost wish you had shot down a rail, so there would be a single leading line into the trees.

Jake

Your first shot is the better one by a wide margin, but I agree with D-B-J that shooting along the track would have made for a better shot than shooting between the tracks like you did.
Either that, or shooting from a higher vantage point so that we were looking down on the tracks more. That might have improved the shot from the vantage point you chose.
I agree too that the HDR treatment is quite nicely done if it was HDR.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes the 1st was done in HDR, but I don't like for them to be TOOoo obvious, so by you "assuming" it was HDR, then I'm excited about that. I always thought the idea was the idea to was to get lower for pictures, but I guess in this instance higher might be better. I'll keep working on them guys..

Most reactions

Back