Fall Colors in Rocky Mountain National Park

ziplock122949

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevesawuschphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Starting to build my portfolio and this is the 2nd image I think I will be adding to it. Looking for any critique.

Changing of the Guard at Lilly Lake

Changing-of-the-Guard-at-Lilly-Lake-300x600-SteveSawuschPhotography.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Steven. I like the perspective. The exposure looks spot on. I think it needs more contrast to make the colors pop, and it looks a little soft on my monitor.

If it were me, I would have tried to get the pixel ratio closer to 3/2 instead of 2/1. The vertical comp works well, but it would be nice to see it a bit wider. Not sure if you cropped (the parking lot?) out of the scene on the left, but as it is I think the yellow leaves on that side would have looked better if they had some space between them and the edge of the frame. Moving over that direction would have also shown us more of the interesting cloud (but still kept Longs Peak in the comp)....and taken away some of the distraction of the few branches of pine tree on the right (though that's a pretty minor nit). It also appears to need a slight CCW tilt.

It looks to me like you have the natural tools to be an excellent photographer. You picked the right time (of day and season) and place. Hope this helps.

It's a great job, but I'd really like to see whats on the right/left side more.

I worked a little with the crop and edit a bit, it does look a bit better. It is kind of a funny size now (4x7 ratio which is no problem since we can produce anything we want to at work). The reason for 2x1 is that the 3x2 as shot doesn't look the best. The vertical is the full image size and has too much information/moves the 1/3rd lines too much to crop down to a smaller 3x2 ratio.

Changing-of-the-Guard-at-Lilly-Lake-400x700r2-SteveSawuschPhotography.jpg

Very Nice photo, and I like your edited version too.

I love shooting the reflections of mountains and trees for shots like this. It's not very original, but it always looks great.

I would like to see what your photo would look like if you caught the reflection or the sky and mountains more. It looks beautiful, for what I can see of it.

Dan

Most reactions

Back