Fall Colors Overlooking the River

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The colors are pretty much at their peak now where I live. This is from a drive I was on, and I stopped to see the colorful trees overlooking the river. C&C welcome. Always appreciated much. :)

fallcolorsovertheriver_2.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

Your deft (not to be confused with daft) touch with HDR is incredible. Love the colors and the feel of autumn. The grasses in the foreground and the group of bare trees on the front edge of the treeline add a nice touch.

Just out of curiousity, how much time do you spend on an HDR such as this?

Yeah, I just started to experiment with HDR yesterday, so your miles ahead of me.

Did you take any specific tutorials or anything to kick-start you?

Great shot.

Thanks kundalini and RKW for the very nice comments. I spent about 20 minutes (give or take) on this one. ;)

A couple of tips I can offer is that you need to have the right kind of scene, and the right kind of light. It doesnt always work well with just any composition.

The best tutorial I can recommend is the one given by woodsac: http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79744. He is a great inspiration to me. :)

Nice work! I love all of the different elements to the photo...the dead trees and the grasses add a lot of texture to this image. I really like it!

I'm very impressed with your use of HDR. The colors are so vibrant yet the photo's still look real (not cartoon like). Hopefully someday I'll be able to work out HDR in the ways that you can. Until then, I'll just keep enjoying all of your great photos.

I'm very impressed with your use of HDR. The colors are so vibrant yet the photo's still look real (not cartoon like). Hopefully someday I'll be able to work out HDR in the ways that you can. Until then, I'll just keep enjoying all of your great photos.

Well, thank you so much Nate! :) I truly am very grateful for the kind words.

I'll agree with NateS. Your use of HDR is very delicate.

Dani.

I think you just might catch on to this whole HDR thing one day. :)

Very nice NJ!! This is what we've come to expect from you, Good work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back