fall engagment (sorta pic heavy)

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This couple is getting married at the zoo next September, I'm very excited for that to come! The girl is actually a photographer, for the count morgue! A little different type of photography than the kind I can handle but interesting nonetheless.
I know these images tend to be bright, including background blowouts. It's okay by me. ;)
This was a midday until last hour of light shoot.

3192070611_94a0f4465e.jpg

3192071511_c596a41622.jpg

3.Could be better compostion here but for some reason I included it anyway, lol
3192918964_c5f2949c28.jpg

3192918918_fefee0c7c1.jpg

3192918546_638679d095.jpg

3192070897_6647f35b81.jpg

7. HAHA just for fun!
3192918282_fd22e3c300.jpg

3192918168_6ab80c7352.jpg

3192112897_8d6954634f.jpg

Nice series! They look very relaxed in front of the camera...must be your good coaching. ;)

Great focus and comp. Some really nice classic engagement shots there. Im a sucker for farm pics. My favorite is #5. Thanks for sharing. :)

NJ

Thanks NJ, I'm glad you think they look relaxed because they weren't all that comfortable at first. I talk and joke a lot while I take them so I always hope that will loosen things up a little. :)

Great job Kathi. Yes they look blown, but this can work in your favor. Always biasing the highlights allows you to reduce the exposure setting in pp removing noise.

I like them most because it looks like you did a great job of loosening them up. They seem a little tense, but I would never had guess unless you mentioned. She seems more relaxed then he does. Either way, you had them moving around and took a nice variety of shots.

I like #9 the best. His expression seems to be more relaxed and she seems so in love. This is also a very flatering shot for both.

Lastly, her profession, weird but cool.

-Nick

Thanks for the comments. The blowouts actually take place in post processing. I correctly expose them in camera but I like a brighter image in the final. It's just sort of the style I like, my brain is wired to see a proper exposure as slight underexposure as my favorite photogs are all into the bright colorful stuff. :) As I used an ISO of only 100 or 200 on almost all there wasnt a lot of noise in these but i know what you're saying.
Yes, her job, interesting but weird. I don't think I could do it.

The blowouts actually take place in post processing. I correctly expose them in camera but I like a brighter image in the final. It's just sort of the style I like...

That's cool. It sort of reminds me of Kodachome 200 Film. Is long as you and the client is happy, who the hell cares? I can imagine this being tough; clients not really happy in front of the camera. Great job getting them to open up!

Do you thing see makes funny photographs for herself? You know, like a finger up the nose? I know, I know, I need therapy. I’m way ahead of you. It’s just when you’ve seen some of the things I have, you start to think differently.

-Nick

HAHAH I have no idea but she did take a photo of a real heart and had it tattooed on her, an anatomically correct one, you know from the photo. And she said once she dropped a brain! GROSS!

Thanks for the comments. The blowouts actually take place in post processing. I correctly expose them in camera but I like a brighter image in the final. It's just sort of the style I like, my brain is wired to see a proper exposure as slight underexposure as my favorite photogs are all into the bright colorful stuff. :) As I used an ISO of only 100 or 200 on almost all there wasnt a lot of noise in these but i know what you're saying.

blown out portraiture is always the best, i'm the same way I want to make my photos look dreamy... especially luv doing this with engagement photos, clients like it too...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back