Fall Portrait Session - 6 Month Old

mooseluver24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was from a shoot I did with a beautiful 6 month old, whom as it happens, is also my daughter. ;) C&C would be greatly welcome. I know it's a lot to sift through but that way I get all your thoughts.

FallAnaleigh14.jpg

FallAnaleigh13.jpg

fallanaleigh10.jpg

fallanaleigh4.jpg

fallanaleigh5.jpg

fallanaleigh7.jpg

fallanaleigh-1.jpg

fallanaleigh2.jpg

These pictures are nice, your daughter is quite cute. The expression in 2 is wonderful.

The one main thing I can say is that the WB is a little cool for my liking. It leaves the skin tones looking just a tad on the blue side.

Also, where you use selective color, make sure the B&W portions of the photo display more contrast. If you use Photoshop, make sure you select the Black & White conversion and manually tweak your sliders. The results will be more more dynamic.

Thank you for sharing!

For example (I took the liberty of making the simple edits descibed above, if this is not okay with you I will remove them right away:

#2 with a slight temperature adjustment
4079192917_26c0d743d3_o.jpg

#2 converted to B&W using manual sliders in PS
4079191913_66851b0bcf_o.jpg

#2 converted to grayscale (compare to the previous)
4079953044_6e7b8be793_o.jpg

Anyway, these were just simple, quick edits. Plus its just a matter of opinion... you may like the lower contrast of the grayscale (and in my terrible example above, I think I do, lol). Anyway, thanks again!

cute kid, color is a little cold though, she looks like she's freezing and a wee bit lifeless.

fallanaleigh7.jpg

redo.jpg

I totally see what you mean about them being cold, especially after seeing your examples. Is it possible that you could email me the info on how you warmed them? I work on PS CS4 but I am still getting the hang of it.

Clawed, I see what you are saying and I agree. I guess I didn't notice it too much when I did them but after seeing what you had to say and tweaking it a bit, I like it MUCH better! Thanks!!!

Never mind, I figured it out. They all look so much better! Thank you for the advice!

work on white balance and composition. also, learn when to and when not to use a border. those borders arent very good either. i like number 3 best.

to warm up your photos in PS. in your layers pallete click on the button at the bottom for your "adjustment layers" then click on "photo filters" and there are a few warm settings, or use your own.

Thank you Herro. The border is for me alone. These photos are going on Canvas and I prefer the edges to be solid so it looks finished when I stretch it. It's not how I would hand out a photo. I have these edited to be ordered so this is how they currently look. Most people don't care for a border, and the photos were for anyone but myself, they wouldn't have it. But like I said, canvas.

And thank you for the walk through on warming. I have been going a totally different route due to my inexperience with the program and that is exceedingly simpler.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back