Fall portraits of my children C&C please

revenater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these last night of my girls. They love being my models and I needed new pictures of them for their grandma. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

• $image-3142349101.jpg
    $image-3142349101.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 160
  • $image-4256825562.jpg
    $image-4256825562.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 153
  • $image-3542198342.jpg
    $image-3542198342.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 132
  • $image-2629496844.jpg
    $image-2629496844.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 136
C&C per req:

I was very pleasantly surprised to see that in fact these were portraits, that is: You have actually taken the time to pose and compose the image, and not simply snapped some cut kiddy pictures.

1. Nice, good idea and good lighting. I would crop away some of the unfocused foreground, and watch our backrounds; two of the children seem to have a very painful condition known as "Tree growus outta the noodle".

2. Be careful of cropping body parts; you' lopped off part of her feet. As well, try and keep things level and sqare. Notice how skewed the chair appears to be? Use the grid lines in your viewfinder to relate to horizontal & vertical elements and prefent this. I would brighten up the face just a touch. Good lighting.

3. Cute, sassy, well done. Again, maybe just a touch dark, but nothing not easily fixed in post.

4. Hmmm... technically it's fine, but the pose appears a bit awkward, particularily her left arm. The hand looks almost disembodied as the arm is mostly covered by her hair.

Overall, a very good set. Minor exposure tweaks would help, and watch your backgrounds and avoid if at all possible, trees and other elements growing out of the heads of the subjects.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

tirediron said:
C&C per req:

I was very pleasantly surprised to see that in fact these were portraits, that is: You have actually taken the time to pose and compose the image, and not simply snapped some cut kiddy pictures.

1. Nice, good idea and good lighting. I would crop away some of the unfocused foreground, and watch our backrounds; two of the children seem to have a very painful condition known as "Tree growus outta the noodle".

2. Be careful of cropping body parts; you' lopped off part of her feet. As well, try and keep things level and sqare. Notice how skewed the chair appears to be? Use the grid lines in your viewfinder to relate to horizontal & vertical elements and prefent this. I would brighten up the face just a touch. Good lighting.

3. Cute, sassy, well done. Again, maybe just a touch dark, but nothing not easily fixed in post.

4. Hmmm... technically it's fine, but the pose appears a bit awkward, particularily her left arm. The hand looks almost disembodied as the arm is mostly covered by her hair.

Overall, a very good set. Minor exposure tweaks would help, and watch your backgrounds and avoid if at all possible, trees and other elements growing out of the heads of the subjects.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thank you for that I will tweak a few things in post and see how it looks. I appreciate it.

1-3 Looks good, #4 could use a little more tweaking?

Most reactions

Back