Fall Shroom

James_L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
36087243.jpg

Canon G3 1/60s f/8.0

OOOH! Love the colors! Great detail as well...and I love the low angle look of this shot!

Zach :D

These colours! Oh! Wow! These colours!!!!!

Beautifully composed :) The colours are awesome too :)

Wow! It's so perfect, it doesn't look real. (I mean that in a good way)

2Stupid2Duck said:
I gotta know - did you photoshop it?

I hit most of my stuff with a levels and curves adjustment. I also add a little saturation. But I'm a rookie at ps... I've noticed if I slam it with a big saturation hit then I start to see (I'm at a loss for the right words) pixelization? or noise? Anyway, something that causes the colors to bleed and look unreal.

Anybody else a fan of the swivel lcd? I shot this with a G3 which is a digicam (still in the point and shoot world of digital cameras). But I love the swivel lcd. I didn't have a tripod with me for this shot. I just set the camera on the ground and composed the shot through the lcd. (I used a small reflector to bounce light under the mushroom.) Had I been required to look through the viewfinder I would've been belly down in the muck. The swivel lcd is handy for all kinds of odd angles.

I realize dSLR's don't allow you to compose thru the lcd... I guess because the image to the lcd is routed thru the lens and the shutter is closed until you press the button. But it seems to me they could add another sensor that does not route thru the lens and thus allow you to compose via a swivel lcd. I don't know... I'm probably the only nut that thinks this is a good idea.

Pretty sweet pic...makes me feel like I'm on the movie A Bug's Life :)

Awesome... this is one of my favorite shots I've seen here in the short time since I registered. The shroom just looks larger than life from that angle, and the colors are great. The nearby leaves added an excellent touch.

I use a PowerShot Pro1 (don't have a DSLR) and now that I have the adjustable swivel LCD, there's no way I could go without it. They're really useful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back