Fallen

Maven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gatheringshadow.net
569ff987c643b4bedf504efda8f786c2.jpg

Comments please. I am not sure if I like this one.

Well... I can see what you mean. It should work. Nice texture. Good composition. But something is missing.

(*refrains from bursting into "Something's missing, in my life, maybe it's you...")

On the first one, I think it's pretty good overall. Couple of things that I notice though-- The edge of one of the leaves is clipped. Also, to me anyway, it seems to be a very vertical composition. I think it might be stronger if the branch was at more of a diagonal. While there are curves in the image, there is no strong diagonal line to lead the eye through the image. We pick up the leaves, we pick up the water drops, but we pick them up separately. Also, in the upper right, the water is bright almost to the point of being blown out. It makes the eye jerk back and forth between that corner and the leaves, but like I said earlier, there's no smooth progression to get us there and back. :D

I think to a certain extent it does. There's a much stronger diagonal in the 2nd. There are still pieces of the leaves clipped by the edge of the frame, though. I also like the DOF focus of the first--at the leading edge ofthe branch.

overall i like the idea... but the thing that strikes me is that it appears as though the ground is wet... while there isn't a drop on the leaf... which makes me think its been "posed". it kind of doesn't fit.

Most reactions

Back