Valid image width 3872
Valid image height 2592
Exposure mode Manual
White balance Manual WB
Focal length in 35 mm film 27
Scene capture type Standard
Sharpness Normal

waterfalls1.jpg

Cool shot, but a little underexposed I think. A simple Shadow/Highlight tool in PS would make a big difference on the photo.

Oh weeeellllll, the original is A LOT BETTER than your edition of your own photo then!

Yeah....I know, I have no idea yet how to determine the best colour and lighting, there surely can't be an exact answer to this question, but I felt that the original was too bright, hence the darker edited photo. How do I know how much?

yo OP, i think maybe your monitor must be off, cause all your photos are underexposed, while this original is perfectly exposed. maybe you need a new monitor or configure your current one? keep shooting tho, eventually youll take sum good shots!

Thanks for the comments.

I have a tendancy to darken images, I dunno why, all of my images have been darkened, I just fear that they are too bright, How do I tell how to set the right colour and light levels?

Wow....original is so much better. The photo still looks like there's a sort of haze throughout though. The only thing too bright in the original is the sky.....which is also too bright in your darkened edit.

This is much better, because your camera isn't having to find a good exposure between the sky and the darker areas.
The sky is just too bright for the type of shot I'm guessing your looking for.
You need to concentrate on one one area of improvement at a time, you can't learn it all in half a dozen photos.
Composition/colour/editing are all areas to look at, but being able to get a good exposure in the first place is a priority IMO.
This photo is still kinda flat but at least theres plenty of detail, nothing blown/nothing black.
Generally I think the scene for smokey moving water is too bright, you need to wait for later light, or use filters to cut ccd sensitivity.
You cant rely on photoshop to "make" the image you want, you've gotta do your bit, get as close as you can with the camera image and then enhance.

Most reactions

Back