Family at Home

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my roller derby friend had me come and do her whole family at her mother's house. I think they turned out all right. Although I am sort of wishing I had taken the painting in the background off of the wall for these.
A generation picture
VonFeldt52soft.jpg

The tired couple
VonFeldt49soft.jpg

VonFeldt47.jpg

Their 4 year old son REALLY wanted to to make this face. I thought it was funny so I kept it.
VonFeldt44.jpg

The pretty sisters:
VonFeldt40softened.jpg

The whole family. I wish I could have backed up more so that this could be cropped to an 8x10 without looking too weird, but the banister was in the way. I think I would also have them move to the edge of the couch if I redid it since my eye is sort of drawn to their legs.
VonFeldt31soft.jpg

Is this better?
VonFeldt32.jpg

Comments and Criticism is always welcome.
April

Awe those are sweet! The only thing I would have done differently is crop the first one more on the left since the right side ahs the girls arm cut off a bit too but I'm weird I liek things to be the same like that! LOL

Looks good for a in-home shoot. The second group photo is defenitely the better of the two. Keep it up.

- Jason

JJM, I totally agree with you. I cropped them differently for the actual prints. These were just the full size files.

And, another question: Should I be saving them for web when I resize them? Because it seems like these look much blotchier and weird here on the web compared to how they look when they are open in PS.

Nice work, great expressions and connection with the subjects.

And, another question: Should I be saving them for web when I resize them? Because it seems like these look much blotchier and weird here on the web compared to how they look when they are open in PS.
What color space do you have them in, when in PS? That might be your problem. Also, when uploading to Photobucket, make sure your images are within the limits that are set, otherwise they will automatically be changed as you upload them.

hey, you did a great job...loved the boy with his dad...and the last family shot is definitley best...its cozy and comfortable....the shot before, the men look awkward, the pic is unbalanced etc...

Most reactions

Back