Family at the beach

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my first sessions ever with a non-friend/family member client... some pictures at the beach. I warned them of squinting, but they chose this time anyway. Had to do what I could:

426232226_0943d796c2.jpg

426232122_831d95811c.jpg

426232042_4bbadd06cb.jpg

426231943_30d00ee41d.jpg

426231877_da29d5fabd.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/426232042_4bbadd06cb.jpg

#4 is adorable:) I really like that you got her looking right at the lens. What kind of post processing did you do in these?

I think #2 and 3 are a little too snapshot looking. The mom's head is cut off in the 3rd. And, I think #2 could have been improved by getting more down to the kids level and then getting in closer to crop out some of the sand.

Looks like the lighting was really tough to work with that day.

I admit that the middle 2 were snapshottish, but I was trying to do some candid shots, since the group was nervous at first and didn't want to really do anything other than stand and smile.

These are a small sampling. We took nearly 230 pictures.

These are a small sampling. We took nearly 230 pictures.

How many do you show your clients? I personally shoot hundreds of shots (a lot of that is because I mainly photograph children), but I only choose the 24 best shots to show the client. I'm not willing to do post processing on hundreds of shots, nor am I willing to show them shots that haven't been worked on. (Except in rare cases).

How many do you show your clients? I personally shoot hundreds of shots (a lot of that is because I mainly photograph children), but I only choose the 24 best shots to show the client. I'm not willing to do post processing on hundreds of shots, nor am I willing to show them shots that haven't been worked on. (Except in rare cases).

I shot a few hundred this time, and I PP about 50 - 60. This time I did closer to 75, because I was trying to earn future business here.... and they wanted a bunch of different poses.

I was limited in my camera, but I think overall they came out good.

I shot a few hundred this time, and I PP about 50 - 60. This time I did closer to 75, because I was trying to earn future business here.... and they wanted a bunch of different poses.

I was limited in my camera, but I think overall they came out good.

Oi, that's a lot of work. I hope you do get some future business because of it!

Oi, that's a lot of work. I hope you do get some future business because of it!

Well my PP has been Picasa 2 only right now... unless something is challenging!

UPDATE: I sent them 87 proofs!

OI VIE!

lol

Very well done Ryan! I LOVE the last one. That's the one that makes the mommy in me go AWWWWW!! and then buy 50 of them to give to everyone I know. LOL :)

Thanks!

And thanks for calling me Ryan.... I feel like I belong!!! :hug:: :blushing: :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back