Family of Canada Geese

dllb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was in Winnipeg recently and there were several families of Canada Geese at one of the retention ponds. I know they are not the most popular ones around, but they are fascinating to watch..

P5270114-1.jpg

They are constantly on the move.

P5270131-1.jpg

The adults watch over their young so closely.

P5270126-1.jpg

P5270110-1.jpg

P5270108-1.jpg

a8f523f6.jpg

There was another family and they went into the water to go around the ones I was watching.

P5270119-1.jpg

Here they are coming ashore after swimming around the other family.

P5270122-1.jpg

On the move again

P5270136-1.jpg

Later I saw another large family on the other side of the pond.

P5280318-1.jpg

Agreed - the one where they are coming ashore is so sweet! I love how they neatly line up - so very organized. :heart:

Cute series. :)

Canadian Geese look just like american geese... so weird.... :D The only difference I see is the Gooslings appear more yellow than the ones around here...

Are there any real differences?

I would post a pic...but that would be rude... My blog link has one pic though.

BTW...GREAT series...I love the one of the kids walking while the lazy parents float :D

RoRoCo said:
Canadian Geese look just like american geese... so weird.... :D The only difference I see is the Gooslings appear more yellow than the ones around here...

Are there any real differences?

I would post a pic...but that would be rude... My blog link has one pic though.

BTW...GREAT series...I love the one of the kids walking while the lazy parents float :D

Thank you. I am not aware of any difference but it would not surprise me.

PS: Feel free to post a picture, it would be good to see if we can notice any difference.

O gosh arent those little ones just darling!! VERY cute...

dllb said:
Thank you. I am not aware of any difference but it would not surprise me.

PS: Feel free to post a picture, it would be good to see if we can notice any difference.

These guys are neighbors of mine. Not a great comparison because they are a bit older (teenagers) in this picture, but I swear they were this color when I first saw them as tiny gooslings. They had a very slight yellow hue to them, but they were much more grey than the ones in your pics.

Brotherly%20Love.0.jpg

All that being said...I am probably just going crazy...well...crazier :)

PS... the parents looked identical to the ones in your pics... I got a good look at them while they were hissing loudly at me while I was shooting their kids.

And I think the title sucks on the pic... i am thinking about changing it to something like "Watchful Brother" or something stupid like that :D

RoRoCo said:
PS... the parents looked identical to the ones in your pics... I got a good look at them while they were hissing loudly at me while I was shooting their kids.

And I think the title sucks on the pic... i am thinking about changing it to something like "Watchful Brother" or something stupid like that :D

That is a great picture and you are right, they do appear darker with not as much yellow. You are right about the hissing, they really do watch over their young.

Most reactions

Back