Family Photos

Nice composition. but the colors and the light are not what I do for family portraits. I love the pp but not for this kind of photography...They look grudge and scary, but again it's just my opinion. Adams family style :p
I like how you cropped them but that blurry foggy instagram style it doesn't look good for art portraiture. I almost thought you forgot to make the contrast adjustments.
Overall I like the #1 and #3 (last one tells a story of a generation).
Chris n.

I like them and the color. You blended in the wood tones and fall color to give it a warm, nostalgic feel. I am no expert but I see these as very well done. I would frame them and hang on a wall proudly if it were my family. I would clone out the yellow spot in the upper left in the last one, my favorite.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice composition. but the colors and the light are not what I do for family portraits. I love the pp but not for this kind of photography...They look grudge and scary, but again it's just my opinion. Adams family style :p
I like how you cropped them but that blurry foggy instagram style it doesn't look good for art portraiture. I almost thought you forgot to make the contrast adjustments.
Overall I like the #1 and #3 (last one tells a story of a generation).
Chris n.

Thank you for the feedback. I was going for the dramatic lighting in the first pic. I agree it is a little too much for the rest. What would be the best option to fix that? Turn the strobes down? Let more ambient light in? I wanted to have a reflector on the other side to bounce some light back in but didn't get the chance.

I like them and the color. You blended in the wood tones and fall color to give it a warm, nostalgic feel. I am no expert but I see these as very well done. I would frame them and hang on a wall proudly if it were my family. I would clone out the yellow spot in the upper left in the last one, my favorite.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. I'll work on the pp on the last one, lose the filter and get rid of the yellow.

Most reactions

Back