Family Portraits

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Once again I had the opportunity to practice some things with a girl I work with and her family

Opinions and Thoughts always welcome!

Shan2L.jpg

Shan1L.jpg

Shan12L.jpg

Shan3L.jpg

Shan9L.jpg

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I don't normally comment on portraits, as I've never done them, but always look, as I'd like to try them, but I really think they turned out good. Sorry I don't have any technical advice, as I don't know what the experts consider good or not. If it was my family, I'd be happy with them. Nice work.

Canosonic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I can't find simply anything bad.
Only on the last photo, the bokeh is that typical one for that 50mm.
Great light there on number 4!
I would have been proud with these. Good job!

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
C&C per req:

1. Nice image, good pose and lighting however the majority of the boy is slightly soft. You've got the face sharp which of course is the most imporant thing, but a slightly greater DoF would have rendered his arms and legs into crisp focus making for a (IMO) stronger image. Also be careful to avoid cropping little bits of people; in this case his left toes. If you need to crop the actual person, always do it boldly, and never at/near a joint if you can avoid it.

2. I really like this one; an excellent pose/background, good lighting and great expressions, once again though, portions of the boy seem just a little soft. I would also consider cropping just a bit more off of image left to eliminate more of the roof of the building in the background.

3. Nice; here again I think a little cropping, in this case the top of the image, to remove the background distractions and note that you've sliced off just a bit of her kneecap.

4. Very good use of natural lighting. I'm not especially fond of the building in the background, but that's minor.

5. Good; this one should be leveled. You've got it on just a slight angle which isn't really enough to be deliberate or artistic. As well he's lost some more toes.

Overall a very nice set of images, with only very minor thoughts for improvement.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

cj image

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love them all especially the lighting...but on 1 I dont like that you can see so far down the boys pants! I think it distracts :) Over-all great job!!

www.cjimage.blogspot.com

Chuck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
very nice pics!

Which lens did you use?

OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Photos NOT OK to edit
very nice pics!

Which lens did you use?

It is a 50mm 1.8

Yeah I was messing with the DOF alot and staying very low. 1.8 or under 5.6 most of the day. Next time I think I will spread that out a little more.
When there is more than one person in the pic I think I will try to use F11 or F8 at least and see how that comes out.

Most reactions

New Topics