Family Portraits

Jeffro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
infinitecustoms.forumotion.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Once again I had the opportunity to practice some things with a girl I work with and her family

Opinions and Thoughts always welcome!

Shan2L.jpg

Shan1L.jpg

Shan12L.jpg

Shan3L.jpg

Shan9L.jpg

I don't normally comment on portraits, as I've never done them, but always look, as I'd like to try them, but I really think they turned out good. Sorry I don't have any technical advice, as I don't know what the experts consider good or not. If it was my family, I'd be happy with them. Nice work.

I can't find simply anything bad.
Only on the last photo, the bokeh is that typical one for that 50mm.
Great light there on number 4!
I would have been proud with these. Good job!

C&C per req:

1. Nice image, good pose and lighting however the majority of the boy is slightly soft. You've got the face sharp which of course is the most imporant thing, but a slightly greater DoF would have rendered his arms and legs into crisp focus making for a (IMO) stronger image. Also be careful to avoid cropping little bits of people; in this case his left toes. If you need to crop the actual person, always do it boldly, and never at/near a joint if you can avoid it.

2. I really like this one; an excellent pose/background, good lighting and great expressions, once again though, portions of the boy seem just a little soft. I would also consider cropping just a bit more off of image left to eliminate more of the roof of the building in the background.

3. Nice; here again I think a little cropping, in this case the top of the image, to remove the background distractions and note that you've sliced off just a bit of her kneecap.

4. Very good use of natural lighting. I'm not especially fond of the building in the background, but that's minor.

5. Good; this one should be leveled. You've got it on just a slight angle which isn't really enough to be deliberate or artistic. As well he's lost some more toes.

Overall a very nice set of images, with only very minor thoughts for improvement.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I love them all especially the lighting...but on 1 I dont like that you can see so far down the boys pants! I think it distracts :) Over-all great job!!

www.cjimage.blogspot.com

very nice pics!

Which lens did you use?

very nice pics!

Which lens did you use?

It is a 50mm 1.8

Yeah I was messing with the DOF alot and staying very low. 1.8 or under 5.6 most of the day. Next time I think I will spread that out a little more.
When there is more than one person in the pic I think I will try to use F11 or F8 at least and see how that comes out.

Most reactions

Back