Family resemblances?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wondering if you see some family resemblances between parents and son and brother and brother (including daughter/niece)?

AndreasSchenktKaffeeEin1_wsz.jpg

Taken on the occasion of my parents-in-law's joint birthday party last Sunday, this one shows my husband and his dad on the verandah of their house at coffee time (birthday parties in Germany usually start with "Coffee and Cakes"!).

Abendessen_Speisekarte6_wsz.jpg

My husband, his brother, and far down at the end of the table my daughter ... to me the family resemblance just jumps into your eye, and if it is only because all of them tan so easily.

Photographing digitally did not produce very many of my mother-in-law (and none of this is anything but a snapshot, I should underline, no attempts at any portrait creations here at all), but I found this, so just to be fair and include both birthday "children" in my series, and for you to "meet her" (and decide whether her sons or her granddaughter resemble HER more than their dad/granddad), my mother-in-law at the beer garden table where we had our dinner:

Abendessen_Speisekarte2_wsz.jpg

You see my son in this photo, too, and he resembles my family a lot more.

Ah, since I am at it: father and daughter for you, too:

Abendessen_VaterTochter1_wsz.jpg

Both CAN definitely look nicer and photos of them could have been better, but... I have to wait until tomorrow why my photos on film will show of the occasion.

Any other "volunteers"?

And what do you say about the second under portrait-aspects. I wanted to get the two brothers in line with the daughter/niece in the background, and I over and again told my husband to put his hand down (!)... :roll: ... but, you know, all in all these were just party snapshots.

Tomorrow I shall see what my photos of film will show. I think I tried a similar one with the SLR, too (of the two brothers).

first off, great shots LaFoto. yes, there is definately a lot of similarity here...very easy to tell they are all related! thanks for sharing some of the event. where's the cake????

Here:

Kuchen.jpg

and here:

ErdbeerbodenMitSahne.jpg

as just two examples ;)

:drool: Those look like amazing cakes YUM! Great photos of your family as well. There is certainly a strong family gene!

Nice photos... there is definitely an obvious family resemblance.

Is it possible to ship some of that dessert from Germany to DC? :drool:

(begin sarcasm) Oh no I couldn't possibly see a family resemblence (end sarcasm). Are you kidding? They look so much alike! The son is turning into the father and the brothers look just like one another (in the nose especially.) Nice work, and yes the cake looks delicious.

YUM.... I wanna such a cake... looks so delicious... where's my cake?? :p

First of all let me say about the FOODS.....oh.....I want to eat them....LaFoto I'm coming to Germany ;)

Then...hmm...Family...you know...now I'm far from my family...and now I truely feel what's family to his/her life :)

It's good to see your life parnter....pretty girl....YES...she truely got her father's look :) you son....what he's pointing to?

And...the others...mom...brother of your husband....hmm...really great feelings :D :D :D

Thanks for commenting, Moni - this thread had gone to Page 3 or so and you went to undig it! :D I appreciate that very much!!!

My son is presumably pointing at some item on the menu.
They were all studying the restaurant menu when I took those photos.

I am sorry to hear that you are so far away from your family now :(
Maybe you can find yourself an online family ;) ???

LaFoto said:
Maybe you can find yourself an online family ;) ???

just wire $50K to PO Box 1, DC and i will be your online family...and may consider monthly telephone chats to boot. :greenpbl:

Most reactions

Back