Family Shoot inc Baby!

ThornleyGroves

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bournemouth, Manchester, Athens, Liverpool
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So heres a shoot i did of a family just recently, i wanted to try out my new lastolite hilite and my bowens 400/400 gemini studio kit!

There are a few shadows on the photos and i don't think i could prevent this without getting maybe another head for my kit so i can have two strobes infront of the hiltite rather than just the one!

But here's some shots i've got and i'm quite happy with them, my aim was to get some fun, nice, family shots!

what do you think? Cheers

Thanks!

WHITE BALANCE ERROR!

easily fixed.
other than that they seem quite nice, though in a few there seems to be some empty space that i can't understand why its there. 3 and 4 mainly.
In 8 the guys head sort of seems really big in comparission to everything else, or is that just me?

Also i have a quick look at the details on the images and it was saying f20 1/200 for f20 there seems to be a really shallow dof, especially in 6 and 7 as the Pony Logo seems to be oof.

WHITE BALANCE ERROR!

easily fixed.
other than that they seem quite nice, though in a few there seems to be some empty space that i can't understand why its there. 3 and 4 mainly.
In 8 the guys head sort of seems really big in comparission to everything else, or is that just me?

Also i have a quick look at the details on the images and it was saying f20 1/200 for f20 there seems to be a really shallow dof, especially in 6 and 7 as the Pony Logo seems to be oof.

Thnks for your input, how would i fix the WB i tried to do it on my camera before i shot by changing the WB to strobe light rather than any of the other settings, yet time and time again it keeps coming out like this!

For typical studio shooting what type of settings should my camera be on??

Im an absolute complete noob with studio shooting, and have got alot to learn, but if i keep shooting it should come!! I just dont know the typical type of presets for my camera to be on!
Cheers!

if you dont have a gray card you just have to do custom WB using the white background or the kid's white shirt.

Set yo' white balance to cloudy bro.

yeah setting your WB to cloudy. To me, useing that WB setting seems to bring out more natural skin tone colors, especially indoors. ....Try that instead so you wont get that blue look you got in your pics

were you using a camera mounted flash for these?

Most reactions

Back