Family shoot with an adorable little girl

Juga

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good evening everyone. A family session that I did recently. Any c&c is appreciated. When it comes to number 4...I don't know why but I like it that way...but I am open to bashing.
1 $Crosby (20 of 39).jpg
2$Crosby (12 of 39).jpg
3$Crosby (21 of 39).jpg
4$Crosby (30 of 39).jpg

C&C per req:

1. Cute; more fill needed to balance against ambient and avoid the blown area at the top. Faces are somewhat under-exposed.

2. I don't really 'get' this one; it's a cute shot of the child, albeit it a little 'flashed' looking. Perhaps more diffusion on the fill?

3. A nice mother and daughter moement, watch the cropping of the hands, and add a little fill. Also watch background elements such ast he board behind her head.

4. I like this too, well done.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

C&C per req:

1. Cute; more fill needed to balance against ambient and avoid the blown area at the top. Faces are somewhat under-exposed.

2. I don't really 'get' this one; it's a cute shot of the child, albeit it a little 'flashed' looking. Perhaps more diffusion on the fill?

3. A nice mother and daughter moement, watch the cropping of the hands, and add a little fill. Also watch background elements such ast he board behind her head.

4. I like this too, well done.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Great feedback John. I really appreciate it.

The second one was a 'fun' experimental shot. The idea was to show how the child is happy but parents get exhausted chasing them...I don't think I executed that well and I did over do the fill.

LOL, I immediately understood the second one. Very funny, but I don't think it's quite "there." Play around with that idea, I think you could capture some really great moments that parents would love.

A little more fill wouldn't hurt.

LOL, I immediately understood the second one. Very funny, but I don't think it's quite "there." Play around with that idea, I think you could capture some really great moments that parents would love.

I very much intend to play with the idea. I think I need to get the parents just a tad closer to the child. Thanks for the input!

I also "understood" the second shot, but I also thought it kinda looked MORE like Mom had just 86'ed Dad while dear little daughter was off smiling for the camera, and I wondered what was gonna happen when daughter turns around and sees the crime scene. :lol:

Other than that, I pretty much agree with everything John said.

I very much intend to play with the idea. I think I need to get the parents just a tad closer to the child. Thanks for the input!

Maybe have some sweat dripping down off the mom or something...and/or have the dad in a position where it looks like he was running after her but finally collapsed, maybe one arm still outstretched like he was just about to grab her.

Thanks for the feedback! I intend on playing with the idea. I think if I get the parents closer in the frame but more distance horizontally would be better.

Very cute baby... and nice pictures of the beach..

Maybe have some sweat dripping down off the mom or something...and/or have the dad in a position where it looks like he was running after her but finally collapsed, maybe one arm still outstretched like he was just about to grab her.

I think that would give more of effect. Awesome suggestion, thanks.

Most people will not "get" #2. Cute concept, failed execution. If the clients have to explain it to everyone, they will soon grow tired of showing it.

As to that; #4 is the same way. We just don't get it.

These are adorable. Would axe the vignette on that last one though.

I understood 2 but agree it could be tweaked to be more easily read by anyone else. I'very got a very active one year old so perhaps that's why I get it. Lol overall cute shots IMO.. beautiful family. If I remember right you've got limited software for post work and I really think a few minutes in light room could do lots for these. Lr5 beta is available .. free to try til its official release.

I understood 2 but agree it could be tweaked to be more easily read by anyone else. I'very got a very active one year old so perhaps that's why I get it. Lol overall cute shots IMO.. beautiful family. If I remember right you've got limited software for post work and I really think a few minutes in light room could do lots for these. Lr5 beta is available .. free to try til its official release.

I have LR4 and I did tweak the lighting on their face. I brought it down to what I felt was a more natural look because I think I had my speedlite at +1/3 on exposure compensation and was too bright but +-0 was not enough and figured I could mess with it post. Thanks for the input. I am going to try different stuff with the idea of #2.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back