Famous Photographers

What a great idea! I really don't know to many but here is 5 photographer who's work I really enjoy. This is in no favorite order just as I happen to put them down. I also put down some reasons. I am sure there are tons I could add and SHOULD add but for off hand right now this is it based solely on me lol.

1)Helmut Newton
A master. I love how simple and without thought his photos look then when you look more you notice so much more about them.

2)Jim Zuckerman
Most photographers focus on one thing, Jim is like me loves it all. I love his stuff and own a few of his How to DVD's. I have learned so much from him.

3)Tony Sweet
His nature photography I find nothing short of amazing. I have a few of his DVD's aswell and would see him photograph something and think " How utterly boring, what are you doing? Move on man!" Then he will show the result and it's like wow, I want to do that!

4)Ansel Adams
You know, its amazing when you think of all the gear we buy and use and fight over brands. Nikon vs Canon and the higher MP cameras and what is needed to get great photo's. Did this guy use them? Nope, his glass, and the rest of his gear was really weak to what we focus on today (Pun intended =) ) yet I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone better.

5)Joe McNally
This guy does awesome work with flashes. He did a DVD for Nikon Speedlights that I still watch even though I switched to Canon (I Would recommend this video to anyone)and his book Hot Shoe Diaries is outstanding!

How about all the PJs, including me, who travelled the world with a darkroom in a suitcase?

You're not famous yet. At least, not famous enough for me to have heard of you. I haven't seen any of your photos unless they were printed in a major publication. If they have been, point me in their direction.

Also, you best not be hatin' on Weegee.

Most reactions

Back