Fantasy cityscape

011_Johnny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A view from my window through my eyes, after reading some fantasy book :)
(taken in Belgrade)

Sa prozora - PS, LR-2.jpg

This one speaks to me. I don't really like how bright the street is, but I could totally see myself living in a place like this.

This one speaks to me. I don't really like how bright the street is, but I could totally see myself living in a place like this.
Thank you for opinion, but what you mean when you say:
"I don't really like how bright the street is"
you mean like bad photoshop or just too bright for living there ? :)

Oh, I wouldn't call it "bad" but yeah, as far as the photograph goes, its a little distracting from the building and the sky.

Oh, I wouldn't call it "bad" but yeah, as far as the photograph goes, its a little distracting from the building and the sky.
hmmm for me it was ok... we shall see what others have to say about that... i will change it a little bit when i catch some time... :)

On a completely separate note, cosmologically, I have an issue with stars being in front of a moon (second from the left), because that would indicate the moon is bigger than stars. I like the idea of how big the moons are in the photo, as that would just suggest they are very close to "earth" or whatever land you're living on. But stars in front of the moon doesn't make scientific sense. I get that its fiction, and you can design your world however you want, but you'd probably have to find a different way to explain that phenomenon.

Yeah, the bright street is just my opinion. I'd be happy to hear others sound off on that.

On a completely separate note, cosmologically, I have an issue with stars being in front of a moon (second from the left), because that would indicate the moon is bigger than stars. I like the idea of how big the moons are in the photo, as that would just suggest they are very close to "earth" or whatever land you're living on. But stars in front of the moon doesn't make scientific sense. I get that its fiction, and you can design your world however you want, but you'd probably have to find a different way to explain that phenomenon.

Completely agree about that... didn't think much when i was making it :)
I make that photo for fun... nobody before you didn't notice that :)
One layer and a brush will be enough to remove start from the moon, but now is too late for that...
I will change that... if I try to change brightness of street... :)

I think it's a great concept. Could spend a lot of time trying different variations.

Main problem I see is the city horizon line is to sharp which makes your 'space' appear as a separate thing. You need to blend the fantasy with the real with a gradient extending into the city space. And has already been pointed out you need to lower considerably, the exposure the road(s) in the lower right hand corner. IF you wish the 'space' to be that well illuminated then go out at early twilight and see how the city looks then. It should approximate the shades and shadows and such that you need in this composite.

You just gave me an ideaa.Awsome pic btw, amazing!!Did you used Photoshop, no?

You just gave me an ideaa.Awsome pic btw, amazing!!Did you used Photoshop, no?

I used photoshop and lightroom...
I'm glad that i inspire yo, want to see results of your idea... feel free too upload it in this thread...

je li hladno u Bg? sutra idem tamo :)

-12 ovde... idem na kontrolu, radila sam lasersku operaciju skidanja dipotrije.

kako ti se svidja tpf?

-12 ovde... idem na kontrolu, radila sam lasersku operaciju skidanja dipotrije.

kako ti se svidja tpf?

Za sad sam dobro prihvacen, kad nesto nije dobro, dobijam konstruktivne predloge kako da sledeci put bude bolje, a kad valja onda ljudi umeju da pohvale, tako da mi se za sad svidja, iako sam jos uvek vrlo nov :) video sam da imas FB Photo stranicu, lajkovacu je kasnije, pa mozemo da nastavimo caskanje o fotografiji tamo, da ne spamujemo temu...

Most reactions

Back