Fantôme Kino B&W ISO 8 35mm Film

The thing about sucker bait is...I am a sucker.

Looks very distinctive....kinda' "Kodalithy"...I am not a fan of salt-and-pepper B&W, but there are those who like it... but ISO 8... for me that would be a deal-breaker.

I can see it's uses and fans, but not for me. I want über-low ISOs in order to have 50 million shades of gray.

There is a vast contingent of people who like to shoot wide open at F 1.4 or F 1.8 and for them having a low ISO film makes that quite easy; I myself,on the other hand, I'm not fond of slow speeds like 1/2, 1/4 ,and 1/8 second for General use. To me slow speed means ISO 50 not iso-8. The two slowest films that I have used were Kodachrome 25 and Panatomic-X at ISO 32,and both these films imposed quite a few restrictions on photography.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200327-120226_Chrome.jpg

I think the old inter-neg film I used for negs from slides/prints was 8.

And forget all this crap.....just bring Pan-X 32 back and be done with it already.

About B/W photography, even though all of us have done it in our lives - I have come to hate it over the years. The recent romanticism for the revival of B/W photography, comes with the appeal to nostalgia of early 20th century photography. Modern photography is all about colors popping in and out of the picture - the 'HD' of it all, if you will.
~Sanjeev Nanda

I tried some film photography projects 6 ISO film. What a PITA... is all I can say. Very limiting and at the end of the day I was asking myself, why did I buy this? Well, I was pretty new in the film process and I didn't know any better.

ISO 8, ISO 6,Both sound almost unworkable to me. I remember the headaches that Kodachrome 25 gave back in the mid-1980s. No thanks. I shot a fair amount of Kodachrome 64, and that seemed slow, especially compared to Tri-X at 400. Today we are blessed with digital cameras that create great images at 200.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back