Farewell, Sozzled Sausage!

DwainDibley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I returned to the old Sozzled Sausage restaurant this evening, the one which I'd posted a few pictures of in the 'abandoned' thread a couple of days ago. It's now sadly being demolished, thought I'd take a few pictures of it when I went to the neighbouring Tescos (Which is going to be expanded, which is why this is being knocked down.) Describing these pictures as 'Urban Exploration' would be being a bit optimistic, but is of that ilk. I couldn't get inside due to fencing round the building and it still being quite busy on the road next to me, plus I had to get the shopping ASAP as the missus was hungry! Would love to get inside an abandoned building and try taking some of the shots that I've seen others post here.

Any suggestions/criticisms welcome! :mrgreen:

1. Got the horizon a bit skewed here, lined it up with the building's roof remains rather than the ground:

dscn1407xw4.jpg

dscn1408yd0.jpg

dscn1409mz2.jpg

4. The next couple of pictures were taken through that gap you can see in the wooden boardings over the window in the bottom right of the first photo:
dscn1410gj9.jpg

dscn1411oi0.jpg

6. The smashed remains of an internal door amongst the debris:
dscn1412wo6.jpg

7. What remains of the upper floor:
dscn1413zm8.jpg

8. View of the remains of the building from Tesco's car park, complete with machinery being used for the demolition:
dscn1417er9.jpg

All taken with a Nikon Coolpix 4500 (The swivelly-lens model) which I picked up today for a song from a local charity shop! Love this camera, though as you can see it does tend to blow highlights a bit. An old 'un but a good 'un! :p :hail:

Last edited:
that title really made me curious ;)

the first two do not really do much for me.... but number 5 is my favourite. less cluttered than the others, and with interesting structures/colours.

the last one looks rather underexposed.

Number 5's my favourite too! Looking again at No.2, I also didn't centre the logo and writing, I missed the 'B' of Bar and Restaurant' off!

I might have a play with the brightness/contrast on some of these, the first two certainly seem a bit overexposed - the pics are as they came out of the camera.

Number 7 is my favorite. The sky is a bit washed out and the rest of the photo is a bit dark, but from a composition point of view, I LOVE IT!

If I had better PhotoShop skilz, I'd have a go at post-processing on it.

It's a shame I couldn't get in there or a bit closer and have a bit more time, I could have really experimented with composition and got some better shots!

#4 gives a good feeling of depth and layers in the scene...

Ooo...love it..I think #5...not sure lol is my fave. The one looking up at the half-corner.

One thing I noticed, lol we have Aldi here in NY, too! :lmao: Thought that was pretty cool.

I went back to what's left of the Sozzled Sausage restaurant today and took some more pictures, I've tried working a bit more on the composition, let me know what you think:

9. I think this was a light fitting that hung over the menu board (The last pic in this series):
dscn1480go7.jpg

dscn1482fd6.jpg

11. The connector to that light fitting in pic 9:
dscn1485sm1.jpg

dscn1489rj8.jpg

dscn1490od1.jpg

14. Remains of the menu board, not sure if I should have made the shot wider and had more of the flaking brickwork:
dscn1492ow7.jpg

I've taken some more, but don't want to take up everyone's bandwidth!

Most reactions

Back