Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Farewell, The Photo Forum.

This place has taught me a lot, but I don't really like the direction that the site as a whole is going (and I'm talking about the people here, not the site itself, since that hasn't changed a lot). It's not even one incident that has driven me to find other forums, it's many over the last three to six months. And most of the time I wasn't involved, I just watched by the sidelines. There is bias on this site. And to those of you who are level-headed, I bid you farewell. LostProphet, Chiller, SpiffyBeth, you three come to mind first. And there are more, but I communicate with them on other sites, so they should know that I respect them. To those three, and the others mentioned just above, you've all been positive influences on my life and my photography, and I respect how you carry yourselves. There are, of course others, JimmyO, Kellylindsey, Battou, Abraxas, you four now come to mind as positive aspects of this board. Sadly, there are many more, who I will not name, that have struck me as a sort of, I don't know, negative gang, and they just post poorly so often. Of course we all have bad days, and make pointless or horrendous posts, but there are many people who just do this over, and over, and over.

If I haven't mentioned your name, don't assume you're a bad person to me, haha, I have just simply forgot to mention you. But those of you who are negative, you probably know it.

So, with that, ThePhotoForum, you've helped me grow as a photographer, and as a person. It's simply time to part ways. Goodbye, and good luck people.

Oh, now that I see your name, you're a good one too, man. Sorry I didn't mention you. I can't believe I forgot you. My bad, bud.

If anyone ever wants to see what's up with me, private message me, I get emails when I get a PM on here, and I'm not deleting my account, I'm just not coming back after tonight. At least not anytime soon.

Too bad you feel that way...but I can understand, when you spend a long time at a site, it's easy to see the negative changes that occur.
Being a n00b, I don't notice it here.
But, I've always noticed your photography, it's pretty awesome so keep at it!

Thank you. And maybe you'll never notice things change, hopefully that is the case. Take care and enjoy photography, 'cause it's a hell of a time.

:( That totally sucks. 2 of my favorite photographers here are now gone. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug.

sorry your leaving. i wish you wouldn't. or at least provide a blog link?

There are, of course others, JimmyO, Kellylindsey, Battou, Abraxas, you four now come to mind as positive aspects of this board.

:blushing::hug:::D

I understand where you coming from. I mean everyone looks at photography differently and has different specific interests, thus there cannot be a one forums fits all, or at least doesn't fit all well. 90% of what I've learned since i got my first camera in February has come from here but i do think i might fade away to find site more specific to what i enjoy the most. I hope to hear from you again and i hope you keep up with your awesome YouTube reviews :hail:

I hope your succesful with your photography and it brings you years of joy! :D:D

I'll have to catch up with you on another site. I am feeling the changes too and haven't been around here as much lately. I always come back to it after awhile though. Just can't help it.

If things appear bad a person can do one of three things - keep your mouth shut and put up with it, stay and try to change things or just walk away.
No blame attaches to any of the choices.
I stick around because of somewhere between one and two.
I rarely post partly because I'm not shooting much at the moment, and partly because there are lots of people who post here that don't know the difference between personal opinion and fact. And they believe that merely owning a camera is all they need to know about Photography.
So I only post if no-one else knows the answer or can't explain it coherently.
I don't post pictures because I'm fed up with wing-nuts saying things like 'it's too dark'.
And I only give crits to people in private.
So I pass my time here playing the fool in OT.
Why don't I change forums? Because they are all just as bad (in my opinion) and I know people here.
So why go forever?
Go to other Forums but come here as well - and use the ignore list.
Works for me.
But good luck anyway.

.......partly because there are lots of people who post here that don't know the difference between personal opinion and fact. And they believe that merely owning a camera is all they need to know about Photography.
So I only post if no-one else knows the answer or can't explain it coherently.
I don't post pictures because I'm fed up with wing-nuts saying things like 'it's too dark'.
And I only give crits to people in private.

Extremely well stated!!!!

I'll see ya on the other side Trenton! :)

Hey Trenton, sorry to see you go, man. What Hertz said makes a lot of sense, take that to the heart. Hope to see you back some time in the near future.

Peace, bro!

I've spent the last five years or so being an asshat on the internet, I have forgotten what it feels like to be acknoledged as a positive aspect....:neutral:

But any who, again pointing back to HvR's post, No blame attaches to any of the choices and over all the choice is yours to be made. I can't say for certain I have seen the change my self, but that could actually be related to my own experiance on the internet as a forum user and knowing that one truth will always come to fruition, The more things change, the more they stay the same"

I'd like to tell you that perhaps the change you are witnessing is not the site as a whole, but how you are percieved by the site and it's members and that you are becoming a known part of the community as opposed to a shadow with a name. The air around forums changes a lot but over all the community itself does not change, the true members will be members wile the named shadows remain shadows and newbies will come and go, It's all part and parcle of it. The focal point of this site likely won't change anytime soon, so don't be afraid to stop by and say hello every now and again.

Even though you probably won't read this, thanks for the kind words, Jeremy.

I wish you the best of luck wherever you end up!

Thnx Jeremy.

Life is bias. Think photography and don't ask what others think- you find that crap out soon enough.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back