Farm pic

illumiNation

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Pic I took yesterday on a farm of a couple. There is a lot more, but like this one a lot!. Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• $image-1993373289.jpg
    $image-1993373289.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 120
It's a nice shot, but the flare in the centre really kills it. I think with some work on the processing side, you'd have a really nice image here.

Thank for the advice. I kinda liked the flare, gave it a little more character.

It's a nice shot, but the flare in the centre really kills it. I think with some work on the processing side, you'd have a really nice image here.
Agreed, though I think the concept alone is good enough to warrant a re-shoot, rather than trying to post process it.

yeah :/ i get what you mean about a flare adding character, but not this particular flare.. maybe if it were not under/on her(?) feet.
this wouldve worked great without the flare :)

Would use of a polarizing filter cut down the flare or a lens hood?

Yes. You should always use a lens hood regardless, and a CPL may have had some effect, depending on angle of the sun, etc.

Thanks guys what lens good would you recommend for a canon 50mm 1.8, or are they all about the same?

Thanks guys what lens good would you recommend for a canon 50mm 1.8, or are they all about the same?
Here's a soft rubber one that's very inexpensive, and should work fine: Amazon.com: Zeikos ZE-LH52 52mm Soft Rubber Lens Hood (Black): Camera & Photo

There are some folks out there saying that the hard plastic ones contributed to damage on the 50mm 1.8 because the build of that lens is not up to the task of dealing with the hard plastic bumping into something without causing the front element to come loose. I use rubber hoods on some of my lenses, and they do the job just fine, so on this one, I'd say, "better safe than sorry".

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here's a soft rubber one that's very inexpensive, and should work fine: Amazon.com: Zeikos ZE-LH52 52mm Soft Rubber Lens Hood (Black): Camera & Photo

There are some folks out there saying that the hard plastic ones contributed to damage on the 50mm 1.8 because the build of that lens is not up to the task of dealing with the hard plastic bumping into something without causing the front element to come loose. I use rubber hoods on some of my lenses, and they do the job just fine, so on this one, I'd say, "better safe than sorry".
Agree! If you don't need a petal-shaped hood (usually for wider-angles) then the circular, round, rubber ones are excellent.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back