Fashion

doli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
General Critique on newest shoot.... please.
Thanks everyone.
DSCF0086.jpg

Well to be honest this is not my cup of tea. But, I would have tried to move the knife to either the left a bit or higher. The reason I believe it would help is when I look at it, the knife either gets lost in the curls of the hair; or becomes the focal point for my eyes. Maybe it is because I have not had my coffee this morning but the curls of her hair on the left seems a tad out of focus.

I do like the details in the rest of the photo.

I think you are on to something. I am not sure where the blood on the knife is coming from. I guess that is her hand holding the knife, but it is a little hard to tell with the tight crop. The title of the shot plays an undeserving strong role. I mean that "fashion" says to me "ok maybe fashion is killing her or she is willing to die for fashion". If the shot was titled "frame 31" or some thing non descript I would say "a women with a knife?"

Your exposure is on point and the subject is convincing. I think shots like this should be played out more. The viewer needs more information. Stage the whole scene beginning to end. If she is killing herself: have her enter the "stage" distraught. Have her go through the decision of killing herself. Have her pick up the knife and off herself. Even if you shoot only one frame going through this process will convey a lot more info to the viewer.

I like it. looks like a still for a horror movie :) I can't tell if this a print (scanned) or digital. it's a bit soft, so print?

craig said:
I think you are on to something. I am not sure where the blood on the knife is coming from. I guess that is her hand holding the knife, but it is a little hard to tell with the tight crop. The title of the shot plays an undeserving strong role. I mean that "fashion" says to me "ok maybe fashion is killing her or she is willing to die for fashion". If the shot was titled "frame 31" or some thing non descript I would say "a women with a knife?"

Your exposure is on point and the subject is convincing. I think shots like this should be played out more. The viewer needs more information. Stage the whole scene beginning to end. If she is killing herself: have her enter the "stage" distraught. Have her go through the decision of killing herself. Have her pick up the knife and off herself. Even if you shoot only one frame going through this process will convey a lot more info to the viewer.

thank you for your imput!! I appreciate it:heart:

Most reactions

Back