Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(Spelled the title wrong, DOH!!)

I helped a local beauty school yesterday by capturing their student catwalk fashion show. Now let me start by saying I had no idea what I was getting myself into and when I got there I found myself in a small room with overhead diffused fluorescent lighting. Not having brought any strobes (thinking I was working a theater type of event) I mounted a flash and green gel. I bounced light as best I could, off the walls and ceiling.

The make up and hairstyles were outlandish, it was awesome. I got some decent images to give to the owner (who is going to be a future model). This one really jumped at me.

1069184_10200677911643400_188145407_n.jpg

I love your work and the fashion.Just Gorgeous.

Nice, Bill! Way to think on your feet!

I had to google green gel.Man o man there is a lot to Photography and a lot of learn but its not boring.

Superb! You've got it, Bill, well done.

I had to google green gel.Man o man there is a lot to Photography and a lot of learn but its not boring.

Yeah, if the ambient light is fluorescent you put a green gel on your speedlight and set your camera's White Balance to the fluorescent..that way the ambient light and the flashed light are close to the same color. I've really never done it before...lol!

Thanks good to know.

Nice! My nitpick would be maybe going in and touching up her eye makeup in post.

Well, if you're going to pick nits, then what about the red rectangle at her right ear?

This portrait is so hauntingly beautiful, that I just want to stare at it, and I'm perfectly happy to overlook the background signage. If this was for a national magazine, then somebody would have removed or changed the background.

Wow! That's all. Having been to the International Beauty Show in NYC.... this photo brought it all back. WOW.

I always miss the small details..the little block by her ear..hmm!

Thanks for all the comments, really it's the model doing her job and the MUAs who spent hours getting her prepped. I just loved her face with the veil, colors.

Nice! My nitpick would be maybe going in and touching up her eye makeup in post.
I can see how you might would do that, but the makeup artist is as much an artist as a photographer and I would not want to mess with his/her vision.

I just meant doing a little darkening right around the lash line mostly.. where it looks like the eyeliner almost patchy or rubbed off like. I find it hard to believe the MUA's vision was to have her eyeliner appear to have been rubbed off right before her runway adventure. I think its a great image, make no mistake there.. just giving my two cents.

I just didn't notice..as a man I can proudly say that make up isn't one of the many things I know much about. Now that you have pointed it out I could easily burn that back in a little, TY.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back