Fast cars and big apertures

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these three pictures this morning at work... what do you guys think?

3881617194_06b68e8241.jpg

3880819037_2ea7d3a67e.jpg

3881616660_e6da10e52a.jpg

thanks for the input. #2 is actually my favorite of these for some reason. I just love the view from the office looking out at the cars.

Cars in a showroom look a whole lot better then they do outside. Must be the controlled lighting :p

#3 is my favorite. #1 is pretty good. #2 doesn't work at all, IMO. Out of focus objects in the foreground are totally distracting, and, to make matters worse, the one on the left is blocking the front of the silver Aston Martin.

yeah, I purposely positioned those chairs there to create depth, and I guess it works for me because I know what it looks like from that office. maybe I should have shot one focused on the chair with the car out of focus and seen what that looked like. or put someone in the chair... idk so many things to try next time.

the #3 is quite perfect. the #2 doesn't convince me so much because of the table and the chair.

The first and third shots that everyone likes seem "too cool" as in the white balance is leaning towards blue. I like the warmth of the 2nd shot, but again think that the chairs ,truck, and weird moisture problem dual pane windows all ruin the shot. I like the table though, it is good enough for the depth and I also want to add that I just don't think there is anything special about shot #1, it seems very unitneresting to me. So I say the 2nd shot with less distractions, or the 3rd shot slightly warmer would be winners in my book.

thanks for the input!

I actually white balanced the photos by spot balancing on a white object in each... I think the reason they look cool is because of the car color and the early morning sun... The white balance is spot on. That being said, I don't disagree that they might look better slightly warmer.

maybe the reason that #1 is interesting to me and not to you is that I know that the R on teh back of a jag means $100,000 and 510hp, and that really gets my engine revved up, if you know what I mean... I dunno, to each his own, I suppose.

I know there are a lot of distractions in #2, but I'm not sure what you mean by dual pane... maybe you can explain further, since dual pane and single pane windows look exactly the same? (these windows are single pane, by the way)

They are all great photos to me.. I see what you are going for in the first shot "gotta be a car guy to understand that one" I really like the second picture, except for the truck in the background but I like how the foreground is out of focus and how the cars are positioned.. Third picture is my favorite of course...composition, depth of field..Oh and the fact those cars equal sex may have something to do with it :drool:

Most reactions

Back