Fast prime for DX?

Val

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So what lens do i get for a DX camera if i want to shoot in low light in a party-like environment?

I use the Sigma 30 mm f/1.4 on my D40x for low-light parties. It has the advantage of being an HSM lens - Sigma's equivalent of AF-S.

I also use the 50 mm f/1.2 and 35 mm f/1.4 manual focus lenses for when there is not enough light for autofocus - manual focus lenses tend to be easier to use than autofocus lenses in manual. I have a modified K3 screen in my D40x for this purpose.

Best,
Helen

Are these DX or FF?

Matters only if you have a FF camera. Since you asked for a DX lens the 30mm f/1.4 would be similar in angle of view as a 50mm f/1.4 on a FF.

Matters only if you have a FF camera. Since you asked for a DX lens the 30mm f/1.4 would be similar in angle of view as a 50mm f/1.4 on a FF.

thats what i wanted to hear :)

You can use all lens (DX or FF) on DX format, no problem at all...

What kind of DX-camera do you have? If D40(x) then you have to be prepared to focus manually with some Auto-Focus lenses.

Are these DX or FF?

Sorry for the delay replying, your question slipped by me.

Of the lenses I mentioned the Sigma 30/1.4 is the only one that won't cover FX sensors (Nikon's name for 'full frame') or 35 mm full frame. The other two were designed for 35 mm full frame, so they will cover both FX and DX.

Best,
Helen

Thanks for advice!

I got Nikon 50/1.8 and i highly recommend it :thumbup: cheap and brilliant. I tried 30 but it is a little "too far" for what i needed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back