Father and daughters from Germany on Vacation

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hans, Marie, and Mila visiting the USA, from Germany, on vacation. The girls wanted to know about my camera, and were curious as to why I took their picture. It was film and they didn't understand as to why I was interested in them. Father didn't care so I figured I was safe. I told them that they looked like a very happy family and a leading line enhanced their emotion. Their father was the main subject (element #1), the inquisitive girl smiled at the camera (element #2), and the other girl was just digging the moment (element #3). Anyway, I wrote down some things for the girls to look up on the internet as my German is not very good. The father was very cordial and thanked me for taking out the time to teach his girls "somesome". He said, "thank you, much. I see you smart on pictures". "They no nothing of kodak". "You make them smart on movies". We communicated well enough but the girls were just so willing to learn photography, priceless. I could tell they didn't know what a film camera was. They wanted to see the back and were totally confused seeing a pic of my wife in the film card window.

Nikon F3, TriX, 35mm, HC110

I love life 2018
IluvLife18.jpg

Every time I see one of your film photos ... I am magically transported back in time to the film only days. Thank you for the pleasant memories.
Your welcome. For some reasons unknown, I really enjoy shooting film. It's not just the whole process.

Good tones and texture in this shot, a good one too.

Most reactions

Back