Fatherhood

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, my wife got me a shirt for Christmas that some of you may have seen before. I tried to re-create the shot and this is what I came up with. I'm not entirely happy with it, but I thought I'd see what suggestions you had.
Technical info: Manual setting, f/4; 1/90; iso200; 39mm length. I think I used a red b/w filter before I converted it to b/w in PS then applied a guasian blur with an overlay effect.

WebShoes.jpg

I think the picture looks great.. For me I see the small shoes a bit of a blur.. As it being part of your subject Id sharpen your image just a snad to put them more into focus.. Other then that the contrast looks good.. Nice job!

very cool! bet it's better than the original :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate feedback! Holly, there was a guassian blur applied to the entire thing, though I think the baby shoes were a little out of focus to start with. I think the only thing I'm unhappy with in this, is that the baby shoes aren't really defined very well. Any tips on what I can do to them? Maybe select just the shoes and sharpen and add some channel mixing?

Even though I don't know the shirt you are talking about (though others seem to see the allusion), I really like this photo. (Though I was hoping to see a photo of your baby...).
Everything you did to it, before and after, adds and makes it good and even better. Really nice.
(Is there any chance for us to also once again see a father-son-pic, maybe???????)

Hi Johnboy! :)

Here is what I have edited to your photo.. Just to bring the shoes more in focus.. I did select just the baby shoes to bring them more in focus...

shoes.jpg

AND no matter how yousee the photo in the end.. Its a great photo!

Thanks for the comments guys. I did another version after my last post and used the "dream effect" from a DreamSuite plugin. I kind of like this version as it's closer to what I was going for.
Holly: That is a good edit, and I like what you've done.
LaFoto: I've posted some pics of my daughter in the previous months, mainly in the portrait section, so you may have missed them. If so here is a Christmas shot I took of her a month or so ago.

shoes4web.jpg

Ellenweb.jpg

Johnboy! Great edit with the dream look.. I think with this photo any edit will be great.. Its one of those images that can go either way and still be perfect.. :) What a CUTIE you have there.. She is such a DOLL!

Oops-oh.
A daughter ... yes of course!
I keep trying to memorize who has who (like Raymond has Maria and woodsac has Davin and so on) but my old brain..... that old brain.... with the defective memory.... And I think I have, indeed, seen these photos in the Portrait Forum and like them even then!!! :D

Most reactions

Back